The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

why are harley guys assholes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see the south park episode " the f word" the definition of the word *** is changed to a harley rider. laughed my *** off the whole episode

Old 07-17-2011, 06:39 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went for a ride yesterday and went out of my way to 'nod'to a HD rider, he almost broke his neck with his 'nod' reply, so maybe things have changed since I was last riding bikes on road as they never did more than stare daggers at me years ago!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find that more Harley guys wave to me around here than sporkbike riders. Hell, even when hitting a shop for a rest or whatever they tend to be really open to shoot the ****. Dern youngns and their dern attitudes these days.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DANE-GER
I thought riding was riding no matter what you ride? I was stopped at a stop light minding my own and a big group of these douche bags pull up next to me and start revving there gay Harley's like there cool. So I glance over this guy is staring at me revving his bike... wow if I had straight pipes I could do it to. I paid 1/3 of what they did and can have 10x the fun on my cane. It just bothered me. Like your not cool. Grow up your not 18 anymore. Grrrr. What do you guys think? You ever have that happen to you?
To Sorry you've met the Darksiders of Harley riders.... I ride a Harley and love them.... I think it unfair that you and others, in this chat are profiling, Harley riders as jackwagons though. I give respect when I get respect, and disrespect when disrespected. Personally, I have had more issue with the foreign bike riders than Harley riders. Also I'm pretty sure the statistics on injured riders is higher with the sport bike crowd...because they are reckless when riding.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:42 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich Blair
To Sorry you've met the Darksiders of Harley riders.... I ride a Harley and love them.... I think it unfair that you and others, in this chat are profiling, Harley riders as jackwagons though. I give respect when I get respect, and disrespect when disrespected. Personally, I have had more issue with the foreign bike riders than Harley riders. Also I'm pretty sure the statistics on injured riders is higher with the sport bike crowd...because they are reckless when riding.
Did you only come here to gripe about a 7 year old thread and profile sportbike riders as reckless?

If profiling is so unfair, why did you do it a few sentences later?

Old 03-04-2018, 04:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 03-04-2018, 09:00 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum Rich, if you own a CBR there will be help here if needed, but I would say you are already handy with the spanners if you own a HD, It is always good to here a different side of an argument.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I pulled up at my old local pub on Saturday to quench my thirst as I was pulling up I noticed a lot of Harley’s and I had a second thought about quenching my thirst lol but I stopped turns out it was an mc outlaw club on there annual run. Well our bikes looked well out of place lol was a bit worried about them doing something to our bikes as back in the day they did I’ve heard of them burning one blokes bike kicking others over and just simply taunting sports bike riders. Anyway I come out after having some of that tasty nectar the gods have given us to find one of the member pointing at my bike and laughing with another member. Oh Pooh I thought here we go something is going to go down here, I walk up and stand there just watching him ready to punch on. Well did I get a shock when he say F and points to the F in the sticker and say it stand for fast. Well I lost it laughing with a sigh of relief and ended up chatting to 2 of them for about half an hour. So we left for our next (final) destination before heading home. On the way back we come across them on the road I nearly fell of my bike when they gave me a bunch of waves and nods it just blew me away. It must be new era and they have changed lol even non mc club are waving and nodding to me

Old 03-05-2018, 06:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gunk
Pic saved. That's awesome!

Never had a problem with the Harley guys (unless it might be their exhausts). ******** are everywhere, and though I'll posit that there may be a higher percentage on loud cruisers, the riders I've met are OK.

Most recent example at a stoplight very late at night on a nearly deserted 4 lane highway. These three Harley guys had passed me a mile or so back (I was in rare form, doing the speed limit) and when we got to the light, the two front riders pulled up next to each other, and the third took the left section of the lane behind his two buddies. I pulled up in the right part of the lane, but behind rider #3 about 15 feet back or so (respectful distance). These were big dudes, tattooed, brain-bucket helmets, club colors on the jackets, etc... Rider #3 doesn't even look back, but points to the pavement next to him. He wants me to pull up, nay, is essentially demanding that I pull up if I'm reading his body language correctly. I can't imagine what is going to happen next, but curiosity got the best of me and overcame my trepidation...I kick it into gear and pull up next to him.

He looks over just as the light was changing, and over the growl of three V-twins and my under-muffled 600F2, shouts "Nice bike!"

Light changes, they pull away. I'm grinning. Something about judging books by covers comes to mind.

Ride safe!

Quick Reply: why are harley guys assholes?