CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   The Hurricane Saloon (https://cbrforum.com/forum/hurricane-saloon-79/)
-   -   What RU listening 2 right now? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/hurricane-saloon-79/what-ru-listening-2-right-now-98690/)

hawkwind 08-09-2009 12:16 AM

What RU listening 2 right now?

This is a music related thread , to let us know what your listening to while you surf the 'CBR Forum', or what your REALY into at the moment. A bit of background would be nice:)

Just thought , as we are all are so different , but so similar , we might find some new CHOONZ we can share?

I'm sittin here listen to 'The Who', 'Quadrophenia' . I'll probably play it from end to end , 'cos once I start it , it has to 'run it's course':)

Background :-
I first borrowed this album from my mate Andy Wyper when I was about 14/15 (1974/75) and kept it for about a year! I just loved the whole concept , it's not all 'rock 'n' roll', but it struck a chord in me and I've loved it ever since . The Who were great at the 'Rock Opera', thing and 'Tommy' was the thing at the time . But to me this is the greatest 'Rock Opera' album of all time!
Of course , little did I know that years later I would live in Brighton , which is where most of the Album is set .
If you never heard it , give it a try:icon_wink:

Don't forget , this isn't supposed to be 'my favourite band'(though they are one of the greatest!), it's what your listening to right now , or what's in my CD player . I'm a Hooge LED ZEP & HAWKWIND fan , but I 'aint listenin' to them right now!

davethepom 08-09-2009 07:33 PM

Currently in the laptop is AC/DC "For Those about To Rock". In the car's stacker is Rush "Moving Pictures" (I saw them on that tour..it was f'n great!), Led Zep, two more AC/DC albums, Motorhead (don't play it when Kath's in the car, but the kids love it! I don't think Kath appreciates the more subtle qualities of Lemmy's voice..) and an ABBA cd (not played when I'm in the car!!! Because it's ****e!!!). Yesterday arvo I cranked up "The Wall" and drank beer on the front veranda...nice!

The above expletive got starred out. Fair enough, but I was talking about ABBA...It had an s, an h, an i, and a t in my original post. Sorry guys it just slipped out when I remembered how carp* they were (*dyslexia stikes again).

Sprock 08-09-2009 07:54 PM

The above expletive got starred out. Fair enough, but I was talking about ABBA...It had an s, an h, an i, and a t in my original post. Sorry guys it just slipped out when I remembered how carp* they were (*dyslexia stikes again).
LOL .......ya nearly had me Dave ...........I had a y instead of the i

I'm working to the old "painted black" right now

CBRclassic 08-09-2009 08:09 PM

Hmmm... at the moment in the cd player is ...
Chris Isac (prolly because the weather is a bit off here ..lol)
Bruce Springsteen and a U2

My music moods seem to change with my circumstances
(the weather, if I am drinking , working , or if Kerri is in ear shot ..lol)

I love all the old Rock (seventies child influence I spose ) but I have got and do listen to a pretty wide variety of music...

at this moment though ...om listening to nothing:icon_no: because om trying to get a quote out for a dam client :icon_shrug: ...recon I will cave and throw a tune on soon though as my work attitude slowly dies a slow death here ...

a bit of Nickelback me tinks would be good ... I have downloaded several of there Vids ... good chit !! :icon_wink:

maybe ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPbLrs1fQg4

davethepom 08-09-2009 08:32 PM

At work I've got the radio on all day in my workshop. It's tuned to a reasonably rock station with plenty of good tunes on. Sometimes though I'll fire up the plug in speakers and the computer and blast out some Police or AC/DC. At first I used to get a few looks from some other staff when I'd crank it up, but now they're used to it. Might have to get a sub woofer..hmm.

michealparks 08-10-2009 01:24 AM

I listen to most all (very little country or rap though). Lots of talk radio too; I have to have my daily Howard Stern fix. Lots of Indie and Lo-Fi here. The little known / played stuff. Lots of acoustic too. I'm starting to make an attempt at playing guitar. I think that's how I'm gonna get back at my idiot nieghbor. They'll probably think I'm killing one of thier cats lol. I have many friends who are very talented and hopefully patient musicians who I am beginning to work with.

Also VERY big into our local music scene. Not to mention the classics. Real big OLD Rush fan for the 2112, Hemispheres, ect era.

I saw Tool in concert last month.

However at this very second, I am listening to "Follow The Cops Back Home" by Placebo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS0W99z2kfI

Placebo is small band that primarily plays and stays in Europe. Real different group of guys and they put on a hell of a show. They are kinda my go to music when I'm winding down or in that dark area. Going to see them in Vegas next month at the House of Blues :D:D:D:D

I got the hard stuff cranked when working in the garage. :D

kilgoretrout 08-10-2009 09:59 AM

At the moment I'm listening to "Friend of the Devil" by The Grateful Dead.
I guess I'm kind-of in a chilled out mood today. I was listening to Bob Dylan "Blood on the Tracks" earlier.

michealparks 08-10-2009 01:23 PM

Set out running but I take my time, The friend of the devil is a friend of mine.... Great I'll be singing that all day now.... :D

Sprock 08-10-2009 01:58 PM

Hannah Montana.........the sooner these layabout kids get summer jobs the better

Jaysus this is like your brain on a cheese grater !

kilgoretrout 08-10-2009 06:44 PM

Set out running but I take my time, The friend of the devil is a friend of mine.... Great I'll be singing that all day now.... :D
Ha ha... :D
I get that one stuck in my head all the time.
I never really liked the Grateful Dead for the longest time, (maybe because I never really liked hippies, either...lol..), but I've grown to like the band over the last few years (not the hippies, I still hate them :D).

I listened to Paul Simon on the way home from work today. I like Paul Simon and I like Simon and Garfunkel a lot, too.

I don't know why I've been getting back into the softer stuff lately. I'm a big fan of a lot of harder music, too...

hawkwind 08-11-2009 11:57 PM

OK so at this moment! I'm listening to 'The Fixer' by Humble Pie . A band I got into years ago and probably the most underrated band of ALL TIME! . Do yourselves a BIG FAVOUR! and click on this link:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDvo3K76ApA

Reportedly 'Peter Grant'(Led Zeppelin Manager), wanted Steve Mariott to front Led Zep , but Steve's manager threatened to 'break his legs'(Peter Grants'), so it never happened :icon_no:

This is by no means their best track , there's plenty more out there , just never found another 'PIE' fan and I'm sure it'll be right up your street , if your anything like me:icon_shrug:

A great 'download' would be the 'Hot 'n' Nasty' 'Anthology' album , not that you guys would do such a despicable thing!!:icon_teeth:

davethepom 08-12-2009 12:22 AM

Hawkwind. I used to have a Humble Pie tape until it died from too much use! Must replace it as they were an awesome band. I think I saw Hawkwind too at a festival...but I can't be sure..I saw all kinds of things at festivals :icon_eek:.. You ever see "The Magic Mushroom Band"? Wild times back in the eighties! I'm an :icon_angel: now though.

hawkwind 08-12-2009 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by davethepom (Post 822295)
Hawkwind. I used to have a Humble Pie tape until it died from too much use! Must replace it as they were an awesome band. I think I saw Hawkwind too at a festival...but I can't be sure..I saw all kinds of things at festivals :icon_eek:.. You ever see "The Magic Mushroom Band"? Wild times back in the eighties! I'm an :icon_angel: now though.

Many people have seen these bands,but can't remamber:icon_teeth:
Nice to find another 'Pie' fan , I can't think of another band that deserve recognition so much , but no-one seems to have heard of them:icon_shrug:

The Magic Mushroom Band? Never heard of them but I'll check 'em out:)
If your into festivals click on this , turns out to be a sad story , but around 2.50 into the vid you get a touch of (I think) DUMPY's Rusty Nuts!!!! Well worth a listen!!:icon_banana:

kilgoretrout 08-16-2009 10:14 AM

I remember Humble Pie from somewhere a while back... Maybe my dad listened to them...not sure.

Today I listened to the Allman Brothers on my ride to work.

Right now, I'm listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Takes me back to a couple concerts I saw them at. Good times, great group.

cb2cbr 08-19-2009 10:35 AM

I'm a classic rock fan, my era, came of age in the late sixties and early seventies. The Mrs. and I rode to a Stones concert in Louisville in 2006. That really reawakened interest. I worked out to Mick Jagger this morning. His solo stuff. Favorites: God Gave Me Everything, Wired All Night, Wandering Spirit. Get the heart pumpin!

keyfactor5 08-19-2009 11:10 AM

Neil Young oops, song just changed, now its REO Speedwagon, "157 riverside Avenue" off of a record (yes I said Record) called "Epic Rock" put out by KISW sometime in the early eighties. I have about 25 of my vinyls ripped to harddrive so far (wave files none of those pussy MP3's ;) ) and I just have Media Player shuffle thru them, I add more as I have time. sometimes I listen to www.pandora.com. In case nobody has guessed yet by my screen name and my avatar i'm a bass player, and when my PA stuff is at home I have about 2K watts to annoy my neighbors with. I like it loud and lots of bass!!

Sprock 08-19-2009 06:11 PM

Bob Dylan ....................Hurricane The Story Behind the Lyrics

There is a house

Edge Bono Greenday.......Saints are Coming

CBRclassic 08-19-2009 06:39 PM

Don't yu just love that track, ....its early here ...me heads not quite screwed on yet so om listening to the bloody rain falling outside ...

Sprock 08-19-2009 07:13 PM

Which one Steve........brewing a good strong mug I hope

CBRclassic 08-19-2009 07:39 PM

OOps ...my bad ..:icon_shrug:

"Bob Dylan ....................Hurricane" http://www.cbr-riders.com/forum/imag...s/smiley20.gif

and yer ..onto my third coffee actually Mark... :icon_teeth: its pissing down here... got a nice run in yesterday though ...was brilliant ...even got my self badly tangled up with three Hardley-goins for about 15 klms ... agro bastards :icon_hyper:

I might even post that one up me :icon_wink:tinks

Sprock 08-19-2009 08:14 PM

Yeah I'm a Dylan freak and not the Pennsylvanian Version either.

Been real hot up here today .......and the Gear Gods will hate me
I had to ride without my mesh armor jacket it was that ****en hot ........
a real roaster............had to ride fast just to stay alive ! trip digi's
most of the way home .......beat my previous time 17mins 47 secs.

Cooler tomorrow ....hopefully enough so I can wear my jacket, hate
running without it..........my lid's good in the heat though a modular
ZOX Genesis 2 plenty of air ......good ventilation.....never run without
a lid on my noggin......just not cricket

kilgoretrout 08-19-2009 08:18 PM

Yep, Dylan is great...
I listen to him all the time.
Hurricane isn't one of my favorite songs, but the story behind it is a good one. (er, not so good, however you look at it)
It's actually Seth's favorite track, though..

Bob Dylan reminds me of when I met my wife. We used to lay around on Sunday mornings listening to him. Every time I hear "Simple twist of Fate", "If not for you", or "Mr. Tambourine Man", I can't help but think back to our old apartment. It's funny how music can put you in a particular place at a particular time.

got a nice run in yesterday though ...was brilliant ...even got my self badly tangled up with three Hardley-goins for about 15 klms ... agro bastards :icon_hyper:
Good to hear you got a nice run in, even though you had to deal with those slowpoke hogs... Man, I hate that... Just gotta cruise on by... ;)

And sprock, I hear you on the heat... It's been in the mid to upper 90's here the past few days, and VERY humid. Miserable, really..plus my AC is broken at work and the guy who was supposed to fix it went on vacation.:icon_rolleyes:

Sprock 08-19-2009 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout (Post 825530)
Yep, Dylan is great...
I listen to him all the time.

And sprock, I hear you on the heat... It's been in the mid to upper 90's here the past few days, and VERY humid. Miserable, really..plus my AC is broken at work and the guy who was supposed to fix it went on vacation.:icon_rolleyes:

Hear ya Man ......Dylan is #1........Jeezz the weather is tough like you said.
No A/C ......that's a criminal labor practice right there. My office in the Cop
Shop is ice cold .........as is my server room 58 F ! lol.......keep my beer
stash down there hee hee hee......4 when I have to pull an all nighter on
a fuvcked system or something.

Anyhow out on the Highway ...........Jeezus the heat factor goes through
the roof.........only way I beat it is to get out in front and WOT as much as
I can..........to top it all off they're laying new asphalt and grinding parts
under over passes etc with a 2 inch jump up from old level to new hot
top...........I usually just run out the lane first before crossing over ......
tricky stuff with plenty of fresh sticky asphalt rocks all over the place just
to add a degree of extra difficulty.........it's a gaddamn laugh , they only
ever consider 4 wheeled traffic when they do this chit .:icon_shrug:

Sprock 08-21-2009 07:59 PM

Midnight Oil

Blue Sky Mine One of my all time fav's

CBRclassic 08-21-2009 08:07 PM

Chit hot Mark...that is a fav of mine too... http://www.cbr-riders.com/forum/imag...s/smiley20.gif

If you are having a storm now as you said in yu Pm ...yu might like this one too from ..
Ganggajang - Sound Of Then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pK1cjxytG0
needs to be loud!! :)

Sprock 08-21-2009 08:07 PM

Again ............Midnight OIL

Usually put this on MAX VOL when chewing up the Highway
on my bike

Forgotten Years

CBRclassic 08-21-2009 08:16 PM

The lead singer of Midnight OIL (Peter Garett) is a bloody politician now:icon_doh: ...has been for a few years .... They still get together and play here on special occasions ...

A bloody great Aussie band from old times .... http://www.cbr-riders.com/forum/imag...s/smiley20.gif

kilgoretrout 08-21-2009 08:33 PM

Interesting. I've never heard either of those groups.

A couple parts of those songs reminded me of Chris Connelly's solo stuff...

Obviously nothing like most of his music with The Revolting Cocks, Ministry, Pigface, etc.. lol..

His solo stuff is cool. If you ever get a chance to pick up the album "Shipwrecked", it's a neat album.

Sprock 08-21-2009 08:45 PM

Like it Steve...............good stuff must go through their stuff
during the week on my trip

Hey Dylan see if ya can find a funny family photo (of us forum Guys)
for Griffs Ride PIC post.

Originally Posted by CBRclassic (Post 826529)
Chit hot Mark...that is a fav of mine too... http://www.cbr-riders.com/forum/imag...s/smiley20.gif

If you are having a storm now as you said in yu Pm ...yu might like this one too from ..
Ganggajang - Sound Of Then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pK1cjxytG0
needs to be loud!! :)

Sprock 08-21-2009 08:46 PM

He's a Politician now ................WOW .........but then he was into activism with the ABOS etc if I remember right..............I love their sound ..always have................kinda all blened into the Mad Max stuff back then too........INXS and all that

kilgoretrout 08-21-2009 09:02 PM

Hey Dylan see if ya can find a funny family photo (of us forum Guys)
for Griffs Ride PIC post.

All done, Mark! Hope you like it!! :icon_twisted:

CBRclassic 08-21-2009 09:24 PM

ABOS
Gawd!!:icon_doh:.... we get bashed for using that word here Mark ....lol
you know how sensitive and soft caring and understanding us Aussie's are mate ... :icon_lolsign: ......you are excused in this instance though ... :icon_wink:

who says om hiddin just in case ? :icon_couchhide:

CBRclassic 08-21-2009 09:29 PM

Another great track that I thrash allot...
Funny thing about it , is that although it was produced for Aus ...you can take it as any Great Southern Land around the world ... US , Aus , anywhere really ...

Yu gotta thrash the volume on this one ... http://www.cbr-riders.com/forum/imag...s/smiley20.gif
Great Southern Land
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPvIH1XQ-uk

harry james 08-25-2009 10:47 AM

Hiya all.Listening to American singer Amy Lavere listen to her track Killing him did'nt make the love go away.Check her out on you tube all that talent and beautiful too. Just not fair. Also have a look at Irish singer Imelda May. Some good rockabilly there.

harry james 08-26-2009 06:31 AM

Hello again just remembered who else I like have a look at Old Crow Medicine Show music is music dont care what genre it is. if I like it I like it

hawkwind 08-27-2009 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by harry james (Post 828257)
Hello again just remembered who else I like have a look at Old Crow Medicine Show music is music dont care what genre it is. if I like it I like it

Couldn't agree more Harry , if it makes you feel good , it's good!:)

Sprock 08-28-2009 12:41 PM

RUSH ............RED BARCHETTA

LIVE RECORDING

VIDEOGRAPHIC STUDIO MIX

sawnee 08-28-2009 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by harry james (Post 828257)

Too right Harry, I have got music ranging from Mozart to Iron Maiden, if it makes you feel good then its good music :icon_wink:

kilgoretrout 08-28-2009 02:04 PM

I have got music ranging from Mozart to Iron Maiden, if it makes you feel good then its good music :icon_wink:
Yep, me too.
It's always amazed me, though, how different people can like VASTLY different music. Ever ask a friend how the hell he can't like one of your favorite songs? lol.. I've done it many times, although I have a few really stupid friends, so that may be the problem.. :D:D
It seems to me that some songs should just be universally good.

Right now, I'm listening to Jimi Hendrix "Castles Made of Sand" (say it's not cool... I dare you...I'll come to your ****in' house... LOL)

keyfactor5 08-28-2009 02:41 PM

"Hiya all.Listening to American singer Amy Lavere listen to her track Killing him did'nt make the love go away."

Chicks that play bass, way cool!
Right now Jimmy Buffett and Dean Martin