The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Tasmania-The police state

Old 03-30-2016, 11:33 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tasmania-The police state

About 12 years ago I got myself a boat so I could get away from the rat race and not worry about speed limits, fun police etc.

A couple of years back the people who know best decided people on vessels under 6 meters while underway all had to wear lifejackets.

Just what you want to wear while spin fishing up a river or on a dam when trolling with an electric motor.

A quick fix was a couple of inflatable PFD`s over $400ea

Then they make EPIRBS compulsory, another $400 (I had one anyway) now the a55holes are going to fine me if I don't have a hard copy of the EPIRBS registration at all times.

I think I might spend more time bush hunting......while I still can before these do gooder revenue raising mongrels ruin that too

Old 03-31-2016, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I feel your pain Jarvid.

SA has become a Nanny state to save us from ourselves as well.

Even though I had a great Policeman help me get the big Zook through the checks the other day (local country cop)

Just wait until all motorcyclist have to wear dayglo and have front number plates!!!

Cheers, SB

Old 03-31-2016, 09:46 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jarvid
I think I might spend more time bush hunting......while I still can before these do gooder revenue raising mongrels ruin that too
Yep! Its about the revenue. When my younger brother was about 8 years old he wanted to throw a line in from a row boat. My mom was worried so she went with him. A sheriff pulled up to their boat and he wrote my mom up for fishing without a license. When she tried to explain, he said, she could have been giving him advice. She had to pay a fine.

That brother now works with a guy who let the state hook up some snowmobile trails using the back of his property. The guy went out back with a 6-pack on his sled to trim some branches near the trail on his property. A ranger came buy and arrested the guy for DUI on his own property. It turns out that once you let them on, it becomes state land. It gets worse. A DUI goes on your drivers license for boating and snowmobiling. YES, he did barricade the trails at his property. The state keeps begging him to open the trails but they refuse to remove the DUI from his records.

I sold my DRz-400 on/off last year. There is nowhere to ride off road anymore. If you try, your a terrorist.

Back to the sleds, most of the lakes around me have at least one state trail accessing it. Therefore the lake becomes a state trail and has a 55 MPH speed limit on it. The Troopers, sheriffs and rangers sit at the ends of the lake with radar guns picking off sledders. They hid in the woods and have check points. The check points are posted 15 MPH. I have talked with many snowmobilers that sold their sleds due to harassment. They say you can't go more then a mile or two before the next check point. They are checking for registration, ownership, insurance, helmets and sobriety.
My neighbor told me he watched a guy in front of him get pi55ed off because a ranger gave him a hand full of tickets. The guy blasted off and a trooper jumped out from behind a tree a few hundred yards down trail with a radar gun and got the guy for speeding in the 15 MPH check point zone. remember, that goes on your drivers licen$e.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:58 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

That does it....
We need a CBRF political party. Lets take our world back!

Old 03-31-2016, 02:58 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 74demon
That does it....
OK, lets take a collection.lol

Old 03-31-2016, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 74demon
That does it....
+1000

We NEED a like button!!!!!

Cheers, Militant SB

Old 04-01-2016, 01:52 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Crikey, I thought he US was the land of the free, being put on the breatho on your own property is insane I thought crap like that only happened in Commi countries!

So, which country would be best for fewest fun police?

Old 04-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

"So, which country would be best for fewest fun police?"

Canada?