The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Speed and beer

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Let's see here....I bet it was Bodington's pub ale.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Steve, you seem to have summed up correctly once again.
I was about to answer some of the questions myself but am now facing redundancy due to your lightening fast reaction.
There are a couple of points that need re-addressing though..... firstly:

F34ME?
Lets see you cover 12 miles in 4.5 minutes with some great bloody pom on your back and half a bottle shop in your bum, I bet you'd sneak a couple beers for yourself on the way too. Just sayin....

WTF? Is this a real time description of what was happening to you at the time of writing that? I'd be equally as frightened as you obviously are man. A bottle shop up your bum? Hoooooeeeeee! Yeah, now that's a fetish rider right there.

Pete? What are you doing with coke in your box? Surely not. You were comeing home from school right?

Hawk. Nice idea but wheres the mouthpeice. It's just a tease otherwise. Love the black though.

Steve-o:
If all else fails , I prolly would have sculled the bloody cans before I left to ride home and that would have definitely enabled me to go way way faster whilst talking to god in my helmet too !!!!

I've thought about this for some time and even discussed with Sarah.
Her take on it is "OK so you've got all the beer and wine home safely but now you're going to ahve to re-gurgitate it for me to have some". Ahem, a glaringly obvious flaw to that plan..... although I have in the past involuntarily tried it, much to her shagrin. Usually ends up on her lap.

No, the answer to this is two fold. 1) Don't carry beer in the top box. 2) Order a cab to collect it from the beer shop and follow it home. That way you can order much more at a time.

Oh yeah..... Tim.... my fridge is always bloody full mate, and I've got the only key to it.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went back to the beer shop and they gave me my money back. The guy couldn't apologise enough, said he'd have felt as mortally bruised I as I obviously did. Even threw in a life times supply of tyres for my bike voluntarily........
Then I had to go and wake up....damn it! Sometimes mornings aren't all they're cracked up to be.
Steve, get over it mate. My thoughts should not be having this effect on you, unless you're having them too....... are you? Kerry been suffering bile lap rash recently? OK then, back to the therapy..... sorry I interrupted!
Just to get back on topic for moment, would it be possible to fill your forks up with beer for safer transit? Perhaps the tyres? The frame even? Yeah..... now there's a thought. Small filler cap at the top, drain plug near the centre stand somewhere. I reckon you'd get quite a few litres in there. Could even run a separate rad to keep it cool. Pressurisation unit for the fizz.......Hmmm... bar pump on the dash somewhere....Who said Hurricanes were old school?