The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Sorry. Need Yamaha help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry. Need Yamaha help!!

Hi Guys & girls. Probably the wrong place to put this but I hope someone can help. I need to find a workshop manual for a 1996 Yamaha Royal Star. I believe it's an XVZ Royal Star. Not the V Max or Road Star or Virago or Drag Star. Do I have one of these lounge chairs???? NO!! Do I want one of these lounge chairs??? NO!!! It's for a workmate who keeps getting ripped off by the dealer because "he doesn't know how to tune his bike". I want to teach him but need the specs first. I've tried a number of web sites but no luck so far so I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance

Old 08-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think these bikes are the same from 1996-2001??

Here is a manual for the 1999 model that I believe will work..
Enter the 4 letters, then just choose "regular download".
Yamaha XVZ1300 Manual (1999)

It looks like there might be a supplemental, too...
Supplemental?

Last edited by Shadow; 08-06-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.torrentreactor.net/search...ds=+yamaha+XVZ
Maybe useful ?
http://www.repairmanualclub.com/moto...dex.php?cid=12
possible..............

Nice work Trout !

Last edited by Shadow; 08-06-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Administrator - Retired

Nice work Trout !
Thanks, shadowman!

I was gonna look the other direction as soon as he mentioned yamaha, but it's bluebeard.... I just couldn't do it. He's good people...

That manual is a bugger to find, so I hope that one works. I tried to go through torrent, but it kept redirecting me to "idownloadforall" or some chit, and it wanted me to pay. Blah!

Blue, let us know if it doesn't work.... I'll continue to help you search..

Old 08-07-2009, 04:44 AM

Many thanks gentlemen for the links & the complements. I also nearly turned the other way when my mate showed up on a Ya*@#a!! At least he's on two wheels even though it may be a farting armchair on wheels. The local dealer charges him a fortune every year or so to do what we do on a regular basis in our back yards for nicks. I think I just got sick & tired listening to him complain about being ripped off. At least if I teach him he'll know what's been done & what to do when it goes wrong.
Incidentally he is a member of a forum & club for those types of bikes yet not one of them knows anything about them & no one would help with a manual. Real show ponies. Tassels, leather vests with T shirts, open faced helmets with sunnies. You know the type. Still he's a mate so I gotta help.
Thanks again. Looks like the links work.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:28 AM

I agree Steve. They're champs. Pity we're so far away. Would love to sit down & have a beer after a ride with you all. Maybe when I win Lotto.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Administrator - Retired

+1 to that, bluebeard...

You're a good man Steve ... helping yu mate ..
Yep, I agree...
I like helping people out, too, but here lately it's just been pissing me off. I try to help somebody and they end up acting like little ****** anyway.
This one guy called me to help him with his accord that wouldn't run (shop wanted $550 from him for a distributor). I diagnosed the problem, replaced a $27 ECT and replaced his plug wires because they were arcing a bit. Runs like a champ now, but it cost me over $50 and he never even offered to pay me back. Then he called last night saying he thinks his alternator is screwed. Like the idiot I am, I had to go make sure that's what it is (cuz he's a dumbchit).
I told him I'd meet him at 9pm to look at it, and the a-hole leaves me waiting for him for 15mins...
I told him I wanted my $50, and he says he gets paid today...
Never again....
And now I know I'm gonna have to go take my $50 out of his hide. (Ok, that's gonna be fun...BUT... )

Oh, and steve... Pete and Dylan are gonna come steal yer blue couch and burn it in yer front lawn...

Old 08-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Administrator - Retired

You're right, steve....

I never offer help in the first place , if in my head I expect thanks or reward in return , because it rarely is forthcoming from most peeps..
On that note....
I had a discussion with a philosophy professor once about this very subject. Basically, we came to the same conclusion as you....
If you feel that you need something in return, then don't bother because it sets you up for disappointment.
HOWEVER, we also discussed how unreasonable most of us are about attaching strings to supposed "gifts" (whether the gift is a physical one or the gift of just helping someone out).
It's unreasonable to attach strings because it negates the idea of "giving" if you expect a reward of any kind.
Here's a good example we came up with that is very simple:
Say you hold the door for someone, and as they go through it.... they don't say "thank you" or even acknowledge you.
It would kinda **** you off, right? It does me.
BUT, do you really have a right to be upset? After all, you were giving a gift, right?
You SHOULD be giving gifts to help your fellow man. No more, no less.... and no strings attached.
IF you can do this (most people can't), you are truly being a good person.
My prof was a very kind man, and he would do anything for anyone and never seemed bothered by anything anyone did to him.
He laughed a whole lot.

Sorry for ranting and getting all philosophical... lol

Anyway, this ******* who's car I fixed owes me $50.

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 08-07-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Sorry. Need Yamaha help!!