The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Saw a nice bike on the way home.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saw a nice bike on the way home.

Afternoon all,

On the ride home this arvo I saw a bike in the distance in front of me. Being curious by nature I gave it a nudge to catch up. From a bit closer I could see it was a large road bike, twin exhausts, rear tyre slightly smaller than my 170.

Closer still i thought the tail lights looked familiar, not like mine but nearly as pretty.

There was a car in front of the guy and i was getting ready to overtake both, since he was not going to overtake. Instead he indicated right and moved over so I came alongside to pass on the left (giving plenty of room, of course).

Sure enough, it was a black and red '88 cbr1000f! I gestured at old mate's ride and gave the thumbs up. He gave the usual nod, then did a double take at my bike and gave a big wave.

This is the first one I've seen when I've been on my bike and only about the third I've seen in the 5 1/2 years I've had it. There aren't that many bikes on the road around here and I can often do the 45km round trip without seeing another bike of any kind.

Any of you guys travelling North on the New England Highway in S.E. Queensland today??

It's a long shot but you never know. Good to see another rider here with taste.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:38 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was probably boingk doing a low level sneak back to his place.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was on the highway in New England Dave .........but it weren't me

Old 08-02-2011, 11:47 PM

That's one long highway Mark!

I wonder how many of our bikes there are still registered and regularly used over here. Most of the bikes I see are new roadies, old BMWs (good bikes too) or cruisers, some of the Highly Dangerous variety.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:19 AM

You're not Robinson Crusoe there Steve! Anyway, you had ages off, playing fun games like building and concreting...kicking right back, in fact.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Yer yer .... 12 mths of working 10-12 hour days 7 days a week and hardly ever touching the CBR ..... was great time off Dave !!! NOT !!

... now that om back to normal ,I at least get to take the bike out every week !!! and come home and relax sort of at the end of each day....
(until Kerri decides that she needs something done that is !! .. :-(
"Normal"??? By who's yardstick mate?? It is nice to come home to a rural home though. We see roos in the front paddock every day now and they (after us being here for 16 or so years) don't hop too far away. 4 dogs, cows, chooks all adds to the feeling of peace for me.

At least now you've settled in, you've got time to come and play on the forum again. It was getting quiet without you...way too quiet.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:06 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Reminds me of the last time I was in Rio, waiting to cross the road along the seafront and along comes a silver Hurricane!

Felt like waving at the guy riding, but he probably would have thought I was just a nut

Quick Reply: Saw a nice bike on the way home.