CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   The Hurricane Saloon (https://cbrforum.com/forum/hurricane-saloon-79/)
-   -   Remember me???? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/hurricane-saloon-79/remember-me-141785/)

bluebeard 09-09-2012 01:22 AM

Remember me????

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all. Long time between drinks. Hope some of you remember me. Been a busy couple of years & I see a lot of new names & a few old ones. Yep before you ask I still got the old cane (Super Sport here) & she's all Honda except the muffler can. That's been changed a couple times. Now a YZF 1100. Big, quiet but sounds nice.
Among other things the attached image should give a bit of an idea where I've been.

ozzyAL 09-09-2012 02:22 AM

welcome back :icon_toast:

Naga_Thai 09-09-2012 02:51 AM

Welcome Back to Bluebeard!!!!

And for those new guys who don't know (and those old guys who don't remember!!) Bluebeard has in the past made some great contributions to this forum and has been especially insightful with engineering nous, Series 1 rebuilds and particularly carb syncs. It is great to see him back here. :icon_toast:

kiwi TK 09-09-2012 03:47 AM

Bluebeard, meet Sebastionbear etc.

Sebastionbear1 09-09-2012 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by kiwi TK (Post 1190115)
Bluebeard, meet Sebastionbear etc.

Ummm, G'Day Bluebeard and welcome back!

If I had to guess where you'd been, I'd say the jeweller :)

Cheers, SB

bluebeard 09-09-2012 06:20 AM

G'day all. Pleased to meet those I don't know. Forgive me. It'll take me a bit to find my way around again but I'll get there. Don't listen to Naga. He just thinks flattery will him some chain lube. As well as other expensive things the jeweler has been a recent stop over. Emptied my bank account for a bit but I think it's worth it. Good to see we have another member near by. Have to catch up at the Amberlight in Lobie one warm summers day.

Sebastionbear1 09-09-2012 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by bluebeard (Post 1190123)
G'day all. Pleased to meet those I don't know. Forgive me. It'll take me a bit to find my way around again but I'll get there. Don't listen to Naga. He just thinks flattery will him some chain lube. As well as other expensive things the jeweler has been a recent stop over. Emptied my bank account for a bit but I think it's worth it. Good to see we have another member near by. Have to catch up at the Amberlight in Lobie one warm summers day.

Hey Bluebeard,

Didn't know you were so close! PM me for contact details and feel free to drop up some time. My partner and I are deep in home renos at the moment with not enough time to ride! Plus I broke my bike today :(

Naga may visit in the next couple of weeks so we will have to have a get together then.

Cheers, SB

kiwi TK 09-09-2012 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear (Post 1190126)
Plus I broke my bike today :(

You did what?

C'mon, spill Craig.

Are you OK? (have to assume so because you're lucid enough to log onto the interweb and type) and of course. more importantly, how's the bike?

Are we all off on a collective parts hunt for you?

Sebastionbear1 09-09-2012 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by kiwi TK (Post 1190130)
You did what?

C'mon, spill Craig.

Are you OK? (have to assume so because you're lucid enough to log onto the interweb and type) and of course. more importantly, how's the bike?

Are we all off on a collective parts hunt for you?

No, nothing serious Tony, just had a front wheel bearing collapse at a manageable speed :)

Was tailing Joy on the GSX250 when all sorts of noises and wobbles beset the CBR

Rode home slowly with a periodically squealing, wobbly front wheel...........

Never had one do that before.

New bearings will be put in Tuesday.

Cheers, SB

Sprock 09-09-2012 08:46 AM

1 st up - many congrat's there Blue - secondly you were missed
......nice seein' back you again