The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Possibly a ride to the 'Darkside'

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibly a ride to the 'Darkside'

As you do, perusing the old Ebay site I came across something that caught my eye, so much so that a email was sent and a telephone conversation.
Am I going mad or what?
PX my old gal for THIS....
The guy is going to give me roughly what I'm looking for as PX without seeing her. Then a visit to the bank for cash, as it speaks louder than any plastic.
I'm feeling a bit hesitant for a few reasons, foremost, possibly the start of divorce proceedings and a small hole in the bank account.
What do you reckon guys?

Old 04-27-2009, 10:41 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a nice 'Bird' Mo , thats the way I'd go if I was gonna change my ride .
Very little activity on the Blackbird section though , so you'll have to stick around here to let us know how you get on with your new mistress , stay in touch

Old 04-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Burn him!!! He's a witch!!

Seriously, though, that is a hell of a nice lookin' birdy, mo.
No further comment...

Old 04-27-2009, 11:14 AM

Thanks guys for the vote of confidence, especially Nevada. Don't worry man, the divorce thing may be a bit far fetched, but I could see me dusting off the old thong(I got a studded one, with the studs on the inside) and being ever so nice to the missus for a few years if the deal goes thru.
... And you're right Hawkwind, there's no much happening on the blackbird section so I might have to apply for a concessionary pass to stay here

BTW, It's our 24th wedding anniversary next week, and I've done a lot worse and we're still together(must be doing something right)

Last edited by Mo777; 04-27-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:39 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

24 years you must be doin something right

As for the Blackbird section being quiet , they're either incredibly reliable bikes or ridden by really tight lipped riders

Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Administrator - Retired

Mo, congrats on 24yrs! How angry could she possibly be over a bike? No worries, right? Maybe you could buy the bike, and then strap a "little box" to that rack on the back for the wife... you know, soften the blow, maybe?

As far as the actual bike... the first time I saw a Bird in the flesh, I fell in love with it. I really like those bikes, and I have a feeling I will own one when the right one comes along. What's funny is, I'm not exactly sure why. It was the same kind of deal with the 1000F. I think I'm just drawn to the fact that it seems like the perfect cross between sport speed/handling and comfortable I guess. Can't go wrong!

Old 05-06-2009, 04:30 PM

Well you know how some things weren't meant to be (sobs).....
I couldn't push the deal thru, without going into too much detail apart from money going else where instead of towards the bird (more sobs)...
Anyhow, I think I've found my future mistress to be and she will be in black.
Possibly a ride to the 'Darkside'-2003-honda-cbr1100xx-superblackbirda.jpg

Old 05-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Administrator - Retired

It will come to you in good time, mo...
No worries. Sometimes you just have to let the birdie fly away from you. You'll know when the time is right.

I was eyeballing a new 1000RR today, too. One day.... she'll be mine. Just like the birdy.

Quick Reply: Possibly a ride to the 'Darkside'