The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Other Forums

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been around the ol' innernetz a bit, but I spend 90% of my time here. I'm not an active member at any other bike specific forums atm (except for my "other" bike), but I'm active at a couple gun related forums. I've met some cool guys/gals there, and we exchange parts and shooting tips/tricks, etc.
I used to also be pretty active on Honda/Acura forums just because that's what I know. There were always people I could help with repair work on older Hondas.

However, nowadays I'm pretty much all CBRF. The reason is because this place is the best there is. There are some really great members and mods here, and the admin is excellent. People always get the help they need, but we still have some fun.

As far as sprock....well... every forum has one.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since we are airing our laundry, in the late 90's through about 05 I spent a lot of time on a home theater forum. At the time, it was great bunch of guys and we were all experimenting and learning, and I was one of the most experienced and could actually (believe it or not) help folks. Since then it has been taken over by 20 somethings whose goal it is to insult anyone who has anything to say that isn't hyper technical jargon based on testing with instruments they have done in their home. I got there just because I wanted a good deal on a great big giant TV. At the time you had to take a business projector and add a signal processor and hold your mouth just right to make it all work. But, it's pretty useless now, because the new projectors are sooooo good and sooooo cheap that a particular review site and about 10 minutes is all you need to make the best choice.

Just remembered, I was on a Road Star forum for a while back in 99 when my cruiser was new (before and after the purchase), but it was pretty (extremely actually) boring. All about mechanics talking to each other, and nothing else. No big picture. No humor. Everything right in that tiny little box.

I was in a forum drought for about 4 or 5 years there. Now I feel all warm and fuzzy again.

BTW, if any of you have any questions about affordable home projection systems, I'll be glad to give you the straight skinny. I'm purely a hobbyist with no profit motive.

Last edited by JHouse; 12-11-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with you, Steve. I checked out a couple different forums for my "other" bike before signing up, and I picked the one that had some decent bike related chat going on. Some of the others had almost no talk about bikes at all.
I won't mention any names, either....

Old 12-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout

As far as sprock....well... every forum has one.

Right there...........only thing is I had to give it up as there was no
point duplicating your dumbass on a daily basis

Last edited by Sprock; 12-12-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:52 PM

You guys all hit it on the nail. This place rocks in comparison. Like I said before, I haven't even gone back to the other since the YOUR member sent me to when I joined.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:59 PM
November 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprock
Right there...........only thing is I had to give it up as there was no
point duplicating your dumbass on a daily basis

WTF? Whats with the Demotiv poster Sprock??? lol

Old 12-13-2009, 09:47 AM

Who here would try...you're already DOWN UNDER my friend.

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Luv yu's all ...but touch me ? . !!! and its the bloody hospital for any of yu's that try .....

Old 12-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All that's needed for old Steve-o now is a REACH AROUND. ya know, to go with the Down and under..........................hehehe

Quick Reply: Other Forums