The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Other Forums

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Other Forums

So I'm sitting here thinking 'what a great group of guys'. I joined this forum back on 4/23/08 but then was redirected by a member here to a local forum here in Arizona. So I went & checked it out, then joined thinking cool I will meet local peeps. My computer crashed & I forgot about this site (sorry)... time went on. While on the local forum I would try to have conversation but no go with these guys unless your talking about racing. Trying to get together was like pulling teeth with this group, unless you go to the race track & race. Not for me. I sure am glad I found my way back here. I appreciate the threads here & everyone is friendly no matter what the discussion is about. The sarcasm here is all in fun & keeps you on your toes (it is all in fun right). Since recently being back on here I have found there are bonds here, no not James, shut up & let me finish will ya............... Thanks for that interruption now I lost my train of thought! Oh well I guess I have to end here for now.

Do you belong to other forums?

Old 12-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No mate, this is the only one I belong to. I've had a look at some others (and noticed some familiar names in them ), but soooo many rules to follow. Also, here we have our own section with The Saloon where just about anything goes. All good natured banter too. I've only seen things go a bit far a couple of times and it got stamped on pretty quick, but we're by no means over moderated in here. All in all, no need to go anywhere else, everyone will end up here at some stage as word spreads.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Are you chitting me ???? Fun you say .............hey ...........Az needs a chitload
more chit thrown his direction ! ..........he's starting to enjoy it .....not good....... LOL

Well it's always good to have guys like yourself participate man .........looks like you'll
be around for a bit then........or at least for as long as the PC holds up that is ......LOL

other forums well yes a bit not so much.......this group is where it's @ for me .....made
some great friends here.....good people

Trout ?? ........hmmmm need another few months on that one .......LOL

Old 12-09-2009, 09:31 PM

Leave it to you Sprockie boy to always be interested in chit.

I'm not going anywhere unless it's for a ride...or my wife sends me to her room for a ride. Note to self...ride more.

See above statement... Wife is always hold my PC up, man I love her.

Originally Posted by Sprock
Are you chitting me ???? Fun you say .............hey ...........Az needs a chitload
more chit thrown his direction ! ..........he's starting to enjoy it .....not good....... LOL

Well it's always good to have guys like yourself participate man .........looks like you'll
be around for a bit then........or at least for as long as the PC holds up that is ......LOL

other forums well yes a bit not so much.......this group is where it's @ for me .....made
some great friends here.....good people

Trout ?? ........hmmmm need another few months on that one .......LOL

Old 12-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Cool

Does Facebook count? I was on Explorere forum, found it the same way I found this one. I googled a part and this forum came up.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:42 PM

Thanks for having me.

I would NEVER ever send a link of another forum on here. The forum that one of your members sent me to is not a CBR forum. It is all makes sport bikes non specific. I don't even go there anymore, I had no use for that group.

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Well we are glad yu founds us again Joel...
This place without a doubt is THE best 1000F forum on the entire net and all the other the CBR model boards here do have a vast following membership that is comparable to any other CBR forum on the net as well ...

Please remember though, that we have one strict **** style policy regarding actually promoting or linking to any other bike forums at all within any thread here mate .....

Old 12-09-2009, 10:35 PM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Az1kF
...While on the local forum I would try to have conversation but no go with these guys unless your talking about racing. Trying to get together was like pulling teeth with this group, unless you go to the race track & race.
I got lucky my 1st time my AZ brother. I ended up here 1st by accident and haven't left since. I've strayed and "looked" at others. Nothing but NOOBS. Fricking lame wads. My D!ck is smaller than my shoe size and WAY smaller than my engine's CC's morons out there.

I got truly lucky stumbling here 1st. Otherwise I would have said F all forums. You found some of the best here. And even the BEST area of the ENTIRE forum here. There are some fo' sho' dumb asses here too... but we got the best ASSes here in our 'Cane section (not only a member, but the President). None dumb tho

We are truly blessed by our mess!!!

Last edited by CBRclassic; 12-09-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how you all feel. I was researching my "beater" purchase and when I started looking for reliability info, this forum was a top hit and quite a resource. So after I bought the first 1000F and figured out it was one hell of a bike, and certainly no beater, I started doing more research and ended up here again.

Then, after reading just a little, I figured out that the inmate population was a great group. I remember Classic, Trout and Shadow were very convivial right off the bat, and nobody gives you that "you're a dumb ***" or "I'm the king and you're not" condescending BS that is so common on the net. Knowledgeable AND respectful. Can't beat it. So thanks all. Going night night now.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:03 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

I've had a look at a few other forums and even joined another one but that one is cr@p in comparison , though to be fair it is just a general bike chat forum.

This forum is specific to my needs and if I want to go off topic we've got the Saloon. A lot of the other forums seem to be full of 16 year old kids who've just got a 125 last week , nothing wrong with that , but there is a bit of a generation gap!

Quick Reply: Other Forums