The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Old school 1988 Hurricane 1000 vs R6 2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in Dec. 09 I was on a group ride with about 30 riders. All types of bikes, but most sport type. I was riding mid group and the first time we were on a two lane and were passing two cars, I almost ran up the pipe of two 600s, Honda and a Yamaha, Scared the crap out of me. So I thought these guys were just "taking it easy". The next time I waited until they were moving and followed, I could pull up and then let off with ease. After we arrived at our destination I talked to them and they asked " what have you got in that thing"? As far as I know it is stock but, the torque at 50-60 mph in 4-5th gear is something to appreciate. Felt good whipping up on the newer bikes and younger kids. (and not even trying)

Old 04-06-2010, 07:32 PM

got different sprockets on it? that would make a considerable difference.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:57 AM
Banned

I love going riding with " boys " who think they know everything there is to know about bikes and when I tell them my bike is 21 years old they sit down and listen to the story of the CBR 1000F from its inception. The looks on their faces when they see how old she is, how good she looks and how I can kick their collective butts anytime I like with a twist of the right hand is worth the trip. When I tell them this bike was being ridden before they were a stain on their mothers sheets, they shut up and watch a bike that is and was way ahead of its time at work.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:11 AM

Ya it's amazing how fast modern bikes are for sure...I bet that was quite an eye opener. But hey, nobody ever bought a CBR1000F because of how fast it was (well...in 87, maybe...). Challenge him to a race, and when he accepts, say 'ok, we'll ride to Chicago, and we'll race from there to Key West and back (he might have the speed, but his *** will never make it ).

Hey, if you haven't ever ridden a modern 600 like your buddy's bike, take the opportunity if it's presented to you. You think you're amazed now...they feel like they're hard-wired to your brain, and weigh 90 pounds...truly amazing.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:35 AM

The first time I got on 88 cbrf, i was completely amazed. it was a 22 year old bike, and over the years I have ridden some of the newer ones. Nothing compares to my Hurricane!!! She's not the prettiest bike on the street, but it runs damn strong and when I get off of her, i don't look like a cripple!! I am sure it will follow mw to the grave! My buddies mostly ride 600's, and a couple of harleys and I like the attention the Hurricane gets. I have buddies from cali, and they say, those things used to run the streets, all over southern Cal, Hurricanes were the ****! Well, i think they still are, there are just very few of us fortunate enough to get our hands on one! Now if I could just get my hands on some plastic, that'd be great, but i'll ride her anyway!!