The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

No fire . or ive the worlds first all electric CBR.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry 15-9 and 15-10

Old 07-02-2018, 06:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaBaRet
Sorry 15-9 and 15-10
got that 😀
soldering irons coming out . time make a peak V adapter .

Old 07-02-2018, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

I think I put one on here somewhere about how to make one , cheap enough , but you'll need a multimeter with at least 10Mohms of impedance
https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-t...daptor-156906/

Last edited by CaBaRet; 07-02-2018 at 06:43 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:24 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by timothyg20
The "control box" you're after (I assume you mean the cdi, or "ignition control module" as it' called on these) is located behind the right rear plastics. You should be able to see it if you lift the seat and look between the panel and frame. It'll have a bunch of wires going into it.
Mine would keep unplugging while riding. It would vibrate backwards and unplug. I wrapped a ty-wrap around it to keep it in place. Maybe yours is unplugged.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
Mine would keep unplugging while riding. It would vibrate backwards and unplug. I wrapped a ty-wrap around it to keep it in place. Maybe yours is unplugged.
it seems to be in place and plugged in even though its able to move a lot (note to self to fix it more securely)

Old 07-02-2018, 11:41 AM

Maybe have a look at the coils and Ignition pulse generator, pages 5-9 and 5-10 of the manual, although ideally you could do with a Peak Voltage Adaptor
im going to run through the whole of the electrical system . ive got coil packs on the way wont hurt to change them out. i got a reading of an 'open circuit' when i tested between the two plug leads which is never a good sign(or never was with the mx5 that used a similar coil pack set up) .

Old 07-04-2018, 01:28 AM
Default Update

whats happened so far . changed the coils still no spark . then proceeded to check the pulse generator well within spec for a static test as is the side stand ,neutral and clutch switches both doing what they should .
checked continuity of wiring from/to cdi and .pulse generator . side stand and clutch switches . coils, neutral switch. all seemed fine . so oh great god of ebay send me a known working cdi and we'll see if that works .
must say im getting to know my way round this bike now a few bits and pieces are a little scratch nut as to what they are but im sure light will shine on an answer when needed . oh the kill switch works too power to coils when its switched on and off .

new plugs on the way and hell if itll even get an oil change (maybe i'll get it to fire with kindness) .
and all the fuses are intaked too .
if its not the cdi well looking at the circuit diagram im stumped as to what else it can be . but ive time to go through it all over again a few times before space is needed .

Old 07-04-2018, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

Yes its a head scratcher, long shot and they never seem to go wrong , but have you checked the 3 pin silicon rectifier ,as is a switch for clutch and side stand, also is battery fully charged

Last edited by CaBaRet; 07-04-2018 at 02:58 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:55 AM

Yes its a head scratcher, long shot and they never seem to go wrong , but have you checked the 3 pin silicon rectifier ,as is a switch for clutch and side stand, also is battery fully charged
battery is fully charge . even tried a car battery (see worlds first electric cbr) that span it up quick enough .
the rectifier ? left hand side of the bike . ie from alternator you mean .. if so no but i will this evening . if all else fails i'll put a call into a mobile mechanic and lock the doors until i here it run . (any recomendations for such in Derby?)

Old 07-04-2018, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by peter9353
battery is fully charge . even tried a car battery (see worlds first electric cbr) that span it up quick enough .
the rectifier ? left hand side of the bike . ie from alternator you mean .. if so no but i will this evening . if all else fails i'll put a call into a mobile mechanic and lock the doors until i here it run . (any recomendations for such in Derby?)
correction the other rectifier . twin diode next to the tank sender on the diagram you mean ?

Quick Reply: No fire . or ive the worlds first all electric CBR.