The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

Aye up chaps

Thought i best come say hello seeing as though I recently took purchase of a rather splendid "Cane" ...

I have been riding about 2 and a half years and have had one or 2 bikes before and i am a member of a couple of different forums (gsx1400.org) and (fjfjrbiker.co.uk) but have always fancied an old cbr thou, i love early 90's sports and sports tourers, and the cane is by far one of my favourites...

Me and my partner last year bought an old FJ1200 and decided to ride to italy on it for a little holiday, the trip for this spring coming is spain and portugal, so after selling the FJ we decided to see how the mighty thou would stack up against one of its arch enemys haha...

Name:  Picture069.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  80.3 KB

Name:  Picture174.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  105.5 KB

Name:  Picture133.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  83.9 KB

There she is, i am over the moon with her, the previous owner has looked after her really well, She came with New Avon Storms, New Delkevic system, New K&N, Just had its Cam done, New chain and sprockets and tons and tons of history/recipts and Wax haha...

I am very impressed with how well the honda has aged, nothing like my old FJ haha

So basicaly i am here to just get little tips and hints off u, help if i can and share my experience of where the mighty thou will take us...

Old 08-17-2009, 06:09 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Tony , welcome to the forum

She looks really well looked after mate , you must be well chuffed!

Been riding for about a year myself and the 'cane is the only girl I've had , so don't know how she'll stack up against the FJ1200 , but they're great bikes!

Out riding this evening on the 'twisties' and easily kept pace with a much newer 'Ninja' and something else , the other two riders were a bit surprised to see me pull up along side at a roundabout ,cos they'd had a good head start on me

BTW my Mom lives in Wallasey

Old 08-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VERY nice bike, Antony!!
That looks mint, man... Great find.

I'm glad to hear that you're impressed with her, too. They really are a timeless ride.

Take care, and welcome aboard!

Old 08-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice...very nice! I think you'll love it. The FJ was one of the other contenders for my $$ when I bought mine. I just couldn't go past the nice lines of the cbr. Your's looks in great nick. How many miles on her?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That there is one smashing looking bike man, nice can, tires, warm grips .....really nice............how many miles on there 5 ? lol ...........really looks showroom/mint.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great looking 91 there Tony, and welcome to the madhouse...........
Just don't tell me you're an Everton supporter....................

Old 08-18-2009, 11:01 AM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"

A beauty, I wish I found mine in that shape! What is the "oxford" thingy next to the key?

Welcome aboard.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:19 AM

michealparks its a heated grip control.

Antony_James, Welcome ooh shiney

Old 08-18-2009, 11:43 AM

Nice one for the welcome chaps,

Shes got 41k on the clock, with a healthy half a dozen or so stamps in her book, and a nice wallet full of the previous owners recipts and maintanance records...

As mentioned in one of my other threads, shes got her work cut out for her this one, we bought her as a globe trotter, shes got a trip round europe in the spring (still undecided where exactly) but she will be loving wrapped in cotton and treated to springs and new footpegs and stuff in the meantime...

an by the way, its ok mate i support neither, footy is just not for me in the slightest, despite my dads best efforts hahaha

Quick Reply: Newbie