The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

new way to crash a bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry new way to crash a bike

Well bad news.
Today i was going to shop and one narrow street i see a ford transit van standing in the middle of road and waiting to turn left. Well as i was in no hurry i stopped about 3 meters behind him. Suddenly i could not believe, the lights that show the reverse gear is on went on, and the van started moving backwards. Straight away i push the horn and started to reverse myself also, but he was faster and so the next second and the front end of my hurricane was under transits back end:S
I ran to forward and almost broke the passenger side window with the words coming out my mouth and then he hit the break:@
I mean how hard can it be to hear the sound of bikes horn, or parking assist peeping and still continue going backwards:S

Well the man took the blame as supposed to and the insurance agent seemed to be a nice guy also so hopefully i be on the road soon enough.

Ow the damage - i need new fender, right mirror, back brake hub, some paint job on the right said fairings and adjusting forks - probably new washers also, cos some oil was coming out from there.

Ow and the funny thing is - the brakes - they were quite soft before - well now they are very firm and feels good - either the air came out from tubes or something is bent

anyway keep away from limited back visibility vans and install additional horn

Old 04-23-2009, 12:28 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh **** Kaska! That's bad news , nearly been there myself with an old lady in a car , only for me it was on a hill so no way could I pull the bike backwards up the hill Luckily she saw me last second otherwise I would have been a gonner as well.

Glad your not hurt ,but bad news about the bike , hope you get her fixed up OK.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man, Kaska... sorry to hear that. At least you weren't hurt and the guy didn't run off or something.
I had a similar experience last year in a parking lot. I was stuck behind a car pulling out, and a women was backing out of a parking spot.
Horn doesn't stop 'em, you're right. I ended up reaching out and pounding on her trunk. She was a about an inch or so from breaking my right leg. I was directly behind her in her rear view and she was staring right at me!
Freakin' idiots. Then, instead of apologizing.. she locks her doors and won't even look at me..

Old 04-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least you are ok Kaska but what a bummer, hopefully you will be back on the road soon.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:07 AM

Sorry to hear that Kaska, at least your in one piece, damn annoying though.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn it - glad you are OK Kaspar
I want to fit a set of air horns to my bike- problem is space.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:27 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I kinda wanted to see pics, too, but was almost afraid to ask.
I don't know if I wanna see.
Poor 'cane....

Old 04-26-2009, 01:44 AM

Hi guys!
Thanks

Well i have pics, i just was away working, and i had to travel with buses, as the bike is currently my only transportation. One random trespasser took some shots with his mobile phone and send me it afterward.
I havetn got the time to talk to any garage, but hopefully i got anything fixed. it's pretty much cosmetics, only forks make me worry a little bit, as they are now leaking oil -but probably just washers.

Attached Thumbnails new way to crash a bike-dsc00109_2_111.jpg  

Quick Reply: new way to crash a bike