The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

New Hurricane Members say hello here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone i just got a 1988 cbr 600 and i freaking love it!! shes a little ugly and naked right now but im gonna see what i can do on fixin that, but i have never ridden a better bike!! oh and if anybody is selling or knows where i can get some fairings for cheap i would really appreciate the help!!

Old 03-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Smile Hi everyone

Hello , my name is Rich. i was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction for me to post a help request for everyone to see so they could help me. It has to do with removing my californis emissions on my bike. oh ya I live in las Vegas buy the way.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome IchyApe

here's a thread with pics and a discussion on the Cailfornia PAIR system

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f...ne-ric-129145/

Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Registered Users

Randy Jackson, aka TXwhitewater, here in Spicewood, TX. Outside of Austin.
Scored a '90 CBR1000F back in Feb of '09 in Llano, TX at Duncan Auctioneers Farm & Ranch Auction for $1,500. 24K, fresh oil, tires, battery. Wrong bike (Not a Harley), wrong place ( Not a city). VGC, bought it because nobody else was going to. Planned on flipping it, but got it home, reevaluated decision. "I'll sell it in the fall". I have over 120 VIN's here on my 10 acres, mostly all partzers, Japanese street, 70's, '80's.
Suffer from ADD, OCD, Manic Depressive, Hoarder syndrome, probably compensating for some small shortcoming..

Old 03-31-2012, 11:56 AM

Hello everyone. New to this forum and cbrs. I just picked up a 87 hurricane. But my one issue is the Guy I got it from told me that when he was on the highway and the bike dies out, to pull over and open the gas cap and it will run again. Anyone know what could cause this?

Old 04-01-2012, 03:49 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hi konrad
2 likely possibilities
- vacuum in the tank due to blocked air breather tube, a common problem is that it is nipped near the hinge bolt
blow into the breather and see if air flows

- gas valve not opening properly, test by puling a vacuum to the diaphram line and see if the gas flow stays steady for a while ( not just a few sec)
if not good the diaphram has to be changed

hope that helps
cbr paul

Old 04-04-2012, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by cbrpaul
hi konrad
2 likely possibilities
- vacuum in the tank due to blocked air breather tube, a common problem is that it is nipped near the hinge bolt
blow into the breather and see if air flows

- gas valve not opening properly, test by puling a vacuum to the diaphram line and see if the gas flow stays steady for a while ( not just a few sec)
if not good the diaphram has to be changed

hope that helps
cbr paul
Thanks Paul! I definitely going to check it out today. Its cold here in Chicago so I can't really go on a long ride. plus, she isn't registered just yet.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:29 AM

Hello everyone, I bought a 1996 1000F two weeks ago. It is my 4th bike but my first Honda and my first bike in about 20 years. I could not be happier with my choice! I am using it to get to work (138 mile round trip) a couple of days a week.

The other day I switched to the reserve and after a few miles the gas gauge started wigging out. Is this normal or should I be checking it out. After filling up with gas, the gauge seems to working fine.

Thanks

Old 04-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Warm welcome to the Cokeman ..... to answer your question no the fuel gauge should
not do that - maybe lift the tank and check the sender wires / plug underneath

Having said that though sometimes the senders can be a bit finicky - my 1990 goes to
zero when there's still a 1/4 tank left - so I just use the trip meter to get gas based
on miles ridden

Old 04-09-2012, 01:42 PM

Ya I have an issue with my fast gauge. I'm going to take my bike to a shop ( once I find a good one somewhere in Chicago) and get a full go over. Getting her mechanically sound and ready for the road.

Quick Reply: New Hurricane Members say hello here!