New Hurricane Members say hello here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 06:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Alain & Fatman

Old 04-04-2011, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Fat Man
After a carb rebuild it's running pretty strong. I can add more power by replacing the plugs but i am going to take advantage of the reduced power for now till I get used to it. It doesn't want to stay in second gear (pops out to neutral) but that's something i can ignore for now. Pretty neglected and naked when I got it.
your a patient man Jon, how far do you intend to go with the bike and $$. the jumping into neutral from second..is it after you have powered in second for a brief moment then jumps? guys here gave me advice on that and it maybe your soft changing and its actually not getting in second properly, try and be a little more assertive and stick her in second good and proper..otherwise it could be your denten arm assembly and its cam could be worn or spring..anyways good luck with the make over .. and like you i also started ridding after many years..so take it easy..its a jungle out there

Old 04-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my 1000F a few weeks ago. Looks like I bought FargAT's bike, since we are both from Fargo and the pictures of that bike match the one I got. I have been reading through a lot of posts here--lots of good info.

I wish I had stopped reading before I saw that FargAT picked this bike up for $1500. Or that I had read that part before I paid $1600 for the bike. I guess he got a pretty good deal, getting paid to ride for a couple years. Oh well, I don't really feel like I overpaid, and hope to get a decent amount of miles out of this thing (it has 60,000 already).

So far I have changed the oil on it last weekend and ridden about 70 miles. The custom exhaust is ridiculously loud but you won't find me complaining about that!

Old 04-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nah ya didn't overpay and yeah he did originally get a sweet deal

Welcome BTW .......... so pics so we can see her ..........again
with that kerker pipe !

Last edited by Sprock; 04-06-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:12 PM

Welcome man, yea those Kerker pipes are pretty loud.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Default Good evening finally

Good evening everyone. I've finally managed to get in here after being binned a couple of times while trying to register.
I bought myself a CBR1000F a couple of weeks ago. She's the M or the N model. Not quite sure which one yet. Pics to follow.
She is in great condition for her age and is currently at the mercy of my retired father who happens to be spanner competent and it keeps him busy.
Anyway, she is having a top to toe, end to end service and check over and maintenance. the usual nuts bolts and washers and electrical connections all greased cleaned etc, all fluids and filters changed and carbs balanced.
She has 29,000 miles on her an I'm looking forward to doing a bit of two up touring on her in the Scottish Highlands and I've booked her on the ferry to Northern Ireland for a week in May to the North West 200 road races.
As you probably guessed by by forum name she's not the only bike in the stable. I have an Aprilia Falco too or the SL1000 as it's known in some circles, with 43,000 miles on the clock and I had it since 2002 when she only had 5000 on her.

Glad to be here, you have a top site stacked full of techy info and banter.

Cheers

Andy

Old 04-07-2011, 06:16 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Welcome to the forum Andy, 29,000 she's nicely run-in

love the North West 200 and road racing in general, I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. Don't forget to post up loads of pics (the bike and the trip )

Any problems give us a shout, though it sounds like your dad will keep her fit as a fiddle.

Enjoy riding

Old 04-08-2011, 04:49 AM

Cheers for the welcome Hawk.

I posted some pics in the gallery.

HERE

Old 04-08-2011, 05:08 AM

Very nice Andy and welcome ......... that'll be a nice trip around the glens of Antrim

great colour scheme too .... not something you see this side of the pond either .

Old 04-08-2011, 09:21 PM

Nice pic's , yeah brass monkey weather out riding here tonight too

Quick Reply: New Hurricane Members say hello here!