The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

New Hurricane Members say hello here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Well just take it easy out there Julie, have eyes in the back of your head, wear ALL of the safety gear (All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT), assume everyone is out to kill you, and remember your safety is in your hands. But most of all........................................

Enjoy yourself.

Every one on this site has been where you are now. And don't listen to Teeks (although he is very often quite a wit) My ex-partner and I did two rides the length of Vietnam on Honda 125s.

There is nothing like riding a motorcycle that will stir your soul as much (with your clothes on anyway). It is the only way to see the world.

Be safe.

Cheers, SB

Old 09-04-2015, 06:17 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Julie Woolley
hello so you have a big bike must be a honda lol had my bike for 3 days now so going to have a go on it in the morning
I have to wonder here if Julie hasn't dropped a zero, and doesn't quite appreciate the difference between a 100 and a 1000?

It's all good though, as you learn to ride your new bike; you are probably in the right company, most of us around here have been around on bikes for a while.

So feel free to ask away; we all prefer to see newbies start off in the right direction, that way they get to old age like us guys.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:43 AM

Hi all!

I've been meaning to post here for quite some time now but never gotten round to do it. Since exams are coming up I magically found the time to do so, so here goes.

I bought my CBR1000F SC21 build in '87 last year in March.
Name:  ICOmbo3l.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  60.7 KB
It had about 68 000km (42 250 miles) on the clock and I would become the third owner. At first sight there were a few dings but nothing too bad, later I would find out it had been dropped at least once.

In the following months I gave it some of the TLC it deserved. Replacing fork seals, upgrading the spark coils, new rubber, filters changed etc.

During the summer we've had our ups.
Name:  8ey4jdtl.jpg
Size:  66.3 KB
As seen here near the North Cape, Europe's northernmost point.

And there were downs
Name:  hRVcSdNl.jpg
Size:  63.4 KB
When my saddlebags caught fire. I was smiling because it was the only thing left to do. I had ridden 1200km (745 miles) that day and had another 200km till home. Luckily only my luggage, rear panel, brake line and electrics got burned.

Name:  HJjCETgl.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  76.5 KB
I was lucky my seat was spared since I had just redone the upper weeks prior.
Eventually I made it home safely and got working on repairs. I wasn't ready to bin it because of a minor mishap.
Since then I've fixed the electrics, replaced the brake line, redone the brakes in general and a whole lot of other fixes to get ready for the spring.

I can make a new topic with this post if it is too much of a story for the newbie introduction thread.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

HOLY HELL!

When I pulled up the post and saw the first photo, I was thinking how nice the bike was. Then the gut wrenching post fire photo. Glad you have a sense on humor.
It can be fixed. Happy to see minimal damage from the fire, could have been a lot worse.
Welcome to the forum. Wish it were under better circumstance.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum Admiraal,

Oh, you're gonna fit right in. When life throws you lemons...............make lemonade!

Bummer about your bike, I feel for you.

Might I suggest you start a thread in the Hurricane CBR1000F section detailing your progress with your bike. I know there are many owners who would follow your repairs/upgrades (me included!) and offer help and encouragement if needed. I think the latter may not be required judging by your smile in the face of adversity with the damage from the flaming saddlebags

Best of luck with the rebuild.

Cheers, SB

Old 01-05-2016, 03:48 PM

I'll head over to Rides section and make a thread of my own to showcase all the work I'm doing and the work previous owners have done, which sometimes isn't pretty.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going to say something about Baptism by Fire but that would be kicking you while you are down. It is good to see you can keep on smiling with such a sorry sight behind you.

Looking forward to your rebuilding thread and then some more pics of your beautiful countryside.

Welcome aboard!

Old 04-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey all, Newbie here from South Wales, UK, and just picked up a 64k mile 89 FK for a good price which had spent the last 2 years in a field. I have just started my own thread CLICK HERE so I hope to get some constructive criticism on here and some advice when I need it.

Cheers
Lyn

Name:  806DF793-A400-440A-A6C2-9CC4A1702D40_zps8modyxzq.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  241.7 KB

Old 04-14-2016, 03:38 AM
Welcome Crew

welcome to the saloon, she doesn't look in to bad of nick, best of luck will keep watching your thread, its good to watch an old lady coming back to life

Old 06-23-2016, 05:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys, it's Gazz here, another Aussie from Queensland. Cbr1000ft original and near new condition, among other cbr's and cb's in our family.
Anyway hello to all and hoping to find some more Aussie cbr lovers to maybe catch up sometime.
I started a group so feel free to say hi and never know we might be able to organise a get together

Quick Reply: New Hurricane Members say hello here!