The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Need some Blundstones

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jarvid
You have been wearing them for 32 years, your feet must stink something terrible!
3 pairs in 32 years and nope they don't smell. they wear out where the toes bend and that is only because I don't oil them. As a matter fo fact I still have the last pair that I use for work boots sometimes and the previous (original from 32 years ago) just got tossed last year when I bought the ones I wear now. I went with the brown this time but I'm going to order the black again soon. So they actually have lasted me as a daily boot for 15 years or so with one heel replacement.

Originally Posted by wooferdog
Figured if I have to shell out 160.00 for Blundstones that aren't even made in Tasmania anymore, I'll spend the extra twenty for some Keen Wellies

KEEN Footwear - Mobile
Those look solid do they last over decade?

Old 09-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Figured if I have to shell out 160.00 for Blundstones that aren't even made in Tasmania anymore, I'll spend the extra twenty for some Keen Wellies

KEEN Footwear - Mobile

The Blundstones are definitely not cheap here any more. The field day I was at had a Blundstone stand and they started at $100 AUD and went through the $200 AUD mark! I did look for you. And that was supposedly cheap for the farming community.

I'll wear my Baxters or RM Williams for that sort of money.

And yeah, the exchange rate favours us at the minute Woof. I think it's about 105.3 AUD:USD or near enough at the moment. When it drops - and it will drop - the financial pain here will be enormous.

Cheers, SB

Old 09-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ah you Guys had me there for a min - seems we're talking sheepwear

Old 09-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Senior Member and Montana roustabout :)

KEEN Footwear - Mobile
Have you looked into Oliver Boots? Oliver Safety Boots

They're Australian, but there is a distributor in Montana. Most comfortable boot I've ever worn. I have 2 pair. One is the 10" lace up mining boot, the other is the 8" lace up boot with the zipper.

Did I mention how comfortable they are? Worked a 72 hour shift straight, with no break, and my feet were the only things not hurting lol....

Old 09-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been wearing Caterpiller 6" lace-ups at work. Those and North Safety Rubbers. The Company gives us $125.00 per year boot allowance because our boots have to live at work. If I wear my rubbers 3/4 of the time, my Cat's are still in good shape when I get to renew my allowance. Gives me a free pair of boots every year

@ Seb. Thanks for looking. I was hoping the bargain of 15 years ago still existed.

@ Hueristic. I had some Bates USN issue boots from a surplus store that lasted a decade

Last edited by wooferdog; 09-22-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Originally Posted by Sprock
ah you Guys had me there for a min - seems we're talking sheepwear

Actually Sprock, I think you'll find that down this part of the world, it's pronounced :

Sheep? Where?

Last edited by kiwi TK; 09-22-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Banned

I've been wearing Caterpiller 6" lace-ups at work. Those and North Safety Rubbers. The Company gives us $125.00 per year boot allowance because our boots have to live at work. If I wear my rubbers 3/4 of the time, my Cat's are still in good shape when I get to renew my allowance. Gives me a free pair of boots every year

@ Seb. Thanks for looking. I was hoping the bargain of 15 years ago still existed.

@ Hueristic. I had some Bates USN issue boots from a surplus store that lasted a decade
That is one thing The US Government gets right is footwear, They noticed if we can't walk we can't work! Unlike the Ictalians under El'Dunce' with their cardboard shoes in the russian winter. :roleyes:

also those boots are $200+ IIRC and you gotta fight the lesbians for a pair!

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Actually Sprock, I think you'll find that down this part of the world, it's pronounced :

Sheep? Where?

OK all these sheep jokes and I'm gonna have to add some to the jokes thread! You guys got that Kiwi/Aussie thing going on here that I don't know about?

Old 09-23-2012, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by kiwi TK

Sheep? Where?
Ewe funny

Old 09-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting

Originally Posted by Hueristic
OK all these sheep jokes and I'm gonna have to add some to the jokes thread! You guys got that Kiwi/Aussie thing going on here that I don't know about?
Hey:

I'll bet she could earn a dollar 2 over there,, BAAAArf

Dub

Attached Thumbnails Need some Blundstones-hooker.jpg  

Last edited by CBR1988; 09-23-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:17 PM

How much Woolite would a man have to drink before she becomes attractive?