The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

My thoughts after glimpse of fresh air...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took the time to read this through, and I can honestly say it really moved me! Or rather stopped me! I didn`t know you`re such a poet! Considering my current life situation this really got me thinking things, and possibly wanting me to try to write my own little column to this thread someday in the recent future, and I heartily encourage other readers to do it too!

Old 08-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U mean like a little filosofy corner?
I think thats a great idea
A lil corner where you can come out without anyone critizeseing just cause they own other point of views, small mindly refreshment and maybe adding something to your own ore others suitcases so called.

What conserns about poet, I havent created poetry for years and years... These are more of my thoughts and goals to reach in living, life, human relations and our purposes, behaviour, more questions due what, why etc. Why things are the way they are, U dont want to see my scrap books LMAO

I consider myself deep but simple person

I dont act in the forse what I want, I act in forse of my needs. Offcourse there are dreams and wishes but they are also realistic
I have said years to my surrounding people that you need to fly high but keep ur both legs on firm ground at the same time.

I think it would be good if people shared their thoughts.
As I have allways said no matter how different or wierd or nerd or sick or happy or sad we are we are never ever actually alone there!
Keep heads up pips!
Rocking onthro life together!

Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Missynet
fly high but keep ur both legs on firm ground at the same time.
Now THAT`s a sentence I could easily see printed on a T-shirt!

Old 08-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Missynet
What u mean under that lol?
Well the alternative to life is death isnt it........lol.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bordo
Well the alternative to life is death isnt it........lol.
right I am wondering why it took so long to get me Blond moment I gess Lol
Living beats beeing dead... One hand I agree and otherhand have different idea..
There are many people on this planet who live, but live like dead people. Not appreciateing life, burning it and at the same time beeing scared for death...
I somehow am not scared.. alltough I dont know what happens.
I was scared, I remember when I was 10 years old and I was crying in huge panic in the corner of my room (see I first time found out that everybody will die) wanting to die now rather than later. I remember not wanting to accept the idea that I have to live years but still die...
I was terrified. I had all kinds of questions like I dont want to die if I am gonna start likeing living. (I had moved a lot by that age and every time lost new fab friends I made so I cried a lot about those things that time)
Why You have to accept and love something if you are gonna loose it at the end anyway?
Well I dont know exactly how I resolved that question in me then but I havent been scared since.
Everything happens for a reason and death... well I recon it is also as good as life. I take it as a sleep you wont awake from. Like life is in our minds and death outside from it. And when you go to sleep your inner mind switches off and when you die.. Maybe thats the same, maybe no, but no reasons to be scared. Death is also a good thing , sometimes sad but good

Ouh sikes I am sorry I went along now again didnt I :S
See sometimes this happens.. I forget myself or I have too mutch time to think like this
Today I have first day off and exiteing day ahead...
Going for a ride later with my baby And promises an exxelent day )

Old 08-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by Mattson
Now THAT`s a sentence I could easily see printed on a T-shirt!

I ll take it as a compliment

Old 08-24-2012, 04:46 AM
Banned

I've seen a lot of death and destruction in 17 years as a police officer and I can assure I live each day as if it were my last. I often steal a Tim McGraw song title...." Live Like You Were Dyin..." as a motto to live by. He couldn't be more right imo.

When you see peoples life cut short due to an act of stupidity or being in the wrong place at the wrong time you always think that it could've been you. I enjoy riding my bikes and I don't take any unnecessary risks anymore. That doesn't stop me from having a good time but I don't push the boundaries anymore. Enjoy life cause you don't know what's around the corner.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:10 AM

Jep Bordo, Cant agree with you more...
Its good to aknowledge the good in life and knowing the down side is something just giving an extra kick to it. I also think that life is precious and we shoud embrace it all times. I dont mean under that some stupid stunts to feel alive. I have allways respected the laws of traffic. I never worrie about myself but about co passangers and others on roads. The fact that I might be a good rider/driver does not mean that someone else is. Safety and taking time in travels short or long ones is also a way to realise that we do not live alone in this planet. We are a part of community. All we do is affecting someone and everyone.
And I might be a good to say that "hey everybody enjoy every second filling fully" when I at the same time fall into the rutine of life from time to time. Ofcourse sometimes I get mad on myself that I did that again but I am doing my best to keep myself so called awaken.
As you said
Originally Posted by Bordo
Enjoy life cause you don't know what's around the corner.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:46 PM

Missynet, I haven't seen you here before and your post on this thread was a great way to 'meet' you. The way you described your morning ride echos my thoughts though I am nowhere near the poet you are. I have taken to riding early mornings,leaving home just as the sky starts to light up. I live in Colorado, so in an hour I am watching sunrise in the mountains. The bike is steady, it loves the cool dense air and it is easy to imagine that I am flying. There is no traffic just the bike humming content,the wind noise and endless curves to play on.
Nice to meet you....

Old 08-31-2012, 11:45 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh Grendl, a man after my own heart, dawn rides are my favourite time as well, sad now that the sun is starting to rise so late

The morning mist, the pure smell of the air, alone on the road

Thanks for the words Missy, the riding season is slowly drawing to a close, but I'll enjoy any stolen days later in the year, as I'm sure we all will

Quick Reply: My thoughts after glimpse of fresh air...