The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic
View Poll Results: Audio enterntainment while riding?
No, the risks are too high
61.90%
Yes, Music & Bluetooth are my constant companions
33.33%
No Music, just Bluetooth to be reachable via phone
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Music while riding?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:55 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The same trouble with bluetooth phones , I can see myself now , barreling down to one of my favourite bends , snap the throttle shut , hard on the breaks and a voice in my ear saying:-

'Hello? Hello? are you there ....can you hear me....why don't you answer

I think it might put me off a little , which is a lot if your pushing it!

When I'm riding it's MY time , I can understand if you gotta commute or you do long journeys , but when I ride its for the simple pleasure of being on the bike , I don't want to be in touch with anything or anyone else.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you're all right.
This is probably why I listened to music for a few rides and then said to myself "WTF are you doing?!"
Same with the phone. I've been on call and riding for years now, but I still don't have a bluetooth for exactly the reason that hawk describes. Hard riding turns and bluetooth wouldn't mix too well. I can't even imagine riding and talking would be a good combination.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:45 AM
November 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ear plugs,ipods,bluetooth etc will all guarantee a final playing of "The Golden Harps" in my opinion.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:50 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Yeah I was wondering about ear plugs , it doesn't seem so loud on the bike , will it really damage your hearing( or am I already half deaf)?
It's dangerous enough out there , **** I want all my senses on full alert , seems a bit daft to deliberately shut one down . It's like riding blindfolded 'cos the wind gets in your eyes!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

I use Phillips active noise canceling earphones when I ride. Tried music a few times, but found it distracting, so stopped. But still use the phones to cut wind noise. I don't have a lot of hearing left and want to keep what is still there. Maybe if I invested in a taller windscreen the noisy air wouldn't find its way into my helmet and the ear plugs could go.

Quick Reply: Music while riding?