The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Latest scam! .... Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OutlawF4
If you hate to say so then DONT bro. Your inferring that I'm not smart, what do you really know?????? Ive noticed after almost every comment I make on here, you follow me up with your "hate to say so" comments. Do you follow me around or whats the deal??
Awful defensive there aren't you? Relax dude, if I was following you and wanted to insult you, you would def know it the rest speaks for itself sorry to say

Old 10-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Banned

Not really. Just kinda noticed that. I dont think it speaks for itself cause you dont know the circumstances of what happened so...off with the assumtions. Fraud can get the best of us, even you PlayfulGod. Knock on wood!

Old 10-08-2010, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by OutlawF4
Not really. Just kinda noticed that. I dont think it speaks for itself cause you dont know the circumstances of what happened so...off with the assumtions. Fraud can get the best of us, even you PlayfulGod. Knock on wood!
in other areas I may agree with you, but with computers no, simple rule to follow, if you dont know them, never heard of them, or dont know any geeks that have heard of them, its most likely a scam. Two things I wont be scammed on, computers and anything with wheels

Old 10-08-2010, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by CBRriderNevada
Saints are boring! It must be nice to never make a mistake and when told by others that they made a mistake, toss a little salt on the wound. Read my first sentence again. Even the flies are not attracted to your chit Mr Godly one.
Outlaw brother, we all make a mistake now and again. And in my case over 20 times in the name of God and Country.
They say ignorance is bliss, but when you make assumptions out of your ignorance, it is one step closer to becoming a judgemental ****.
Dont know wtf your problem is but I never said I never made a mistake. I work with computers and IT so I know em. 99% of all computer related scams can be avoided with a lil common sense.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good on you Shakey, there's so many 'older' members on this forum that you never know who might be next.

Seriously though, the world's full of ar5eholes trying to rip people off. We can only hope that it comes around to bite them sometime. We had a mob send us a letter to work telling us we "had" to have our microwave ovens checked for leakage every year. Complete bull5hit but they'd make a killing if only a small pecentage fell for it. Bunch of *******! (The scammers, not you guys...honest).

Old 10-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Banned

Only thing that sucks about "these" corperations(people) is that "nobodys" held accountable because they are "limited liability" corps. You cant put a corperation in jail. Just fine them, even if they kill many people(example:Toyota)! Free enterprise, isnt it grand! Got some major flaws that need to be fixed "by the people"!

Old 10-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davethepom
Good on you Shakey, there's so many 'older' members on this forum that you never know who might be next.

Seriously though, the world's full of ar5eholes trying to rip people off. We can only hope that it comes around to bite them sometime. We had a mob send us a letter to work telling us we "had" to have our microwave ovens checked for leakage every year. Complete bull5hit but they'd make a killing if only a small pecentage fell for it. Bunch of *******! (The scammers, not you guys...honest).

I knew it Dave --------- old Guys have leaky microwaves ----- what's the
name of that outfit you used again ?

As for all this BS hokey pokey scan your PC for free stuff.......... anytime
you bring down one of those things from a site count on one thing ......
a big fat pain in the **** afterwards.

I have some older folks I help out on a regular basis volunteering etc.

I just put "Deep Freeze" from Faronics on those workstations with certain folders "excluded" like pic's and docs etc.

Everytime it's turned on it reverts to the initial stable load ..... nice and easy no hassle .......... no further support required and that's just

Old 10-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in other areas I may agree with you, but with computers no, simple rule to follow, if you dont know them, never heard of them, or dont know any geeks that have heard of them, its most likely a scam. Two things I wont be scammed on, computers and anything with wheels
+1. Being scammed is a by-product of someone's ignorance. I'm not saying that intelligent people don't get scammed, but if if you have any doubts at all about what's being offered then don't go through with it. Ask someone you trust who knows more than you on the particular subject than you do.
And PFG, I know your intention wasn't to single anyone out.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
+1. Being scammed is a by-product of someone's ignorance. I'm not saying that intelligent people don't get scammed, but if if you have any doubts at all about what's being offered then don't go through with it. Ask someone you trust who knows more than you on the particular subject than you do.
And PFG, I know your intention wasn't to single anyone out.
Glad someone does lol

Maybe I need to single them out so they know exactly how it is when I do it lol

Quick Reply: Latest scam! .... Beware!