Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe , belated sympathies man. Jamie did well going 15 years ....way longer than
any faithful friends I've had.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He was an unbelievably great dog. We called him the "sheepish dog" because he was so self conscious and well behaved. He responded perfectly and immediately to any tone of voice and he never did anything wrong. I think he was telepathic. I don't think he could have had a much better life. It's too bad they live so fast.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:08 PM

My heart goes out to you. Lost my dog in September had her 15 years had to have her put to sleep worst day of my life. Took at least a month even before I could look at her photograph but the greatest truism is the time heals and I can now look back with joy at her life and all the things she gave me trust loyalty affection you will feel the same too of that I have no doubt.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Dang, just saw this thread. So sorry for your loss. They really become part of the family. Sounds like you guys had a lot of good years together. The sting will fade and the good times will be remembered forever.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:23 PM

I don't think about it so much now. I can talk about it more comfortably. Had a bad day or two though.

My last worst day like that was when my old cat (Yes, CAT) who I had for 15 years got so deaf that as I backed out of the drive way (really slowly, always waiting for him to get up and go) I speed bumped him. Drove right over his a$$. Had to put him to sleep. He was also a great companion, that was about 15 years ago. The wife started referring to him as "flat cat." No compassion at all. Divorced her. Kept the kid.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Exclamation

Okay then Joe ......a new years resolution .......no flat cat and divorced wife
jokes outta me then........talking of jokes ......waay to go Patriots .....NOT .........kinda in keeping with my run of things as of late

Originally Posted by JHouse
I don't think about it so much now. I can talk about it more comfortably. Had a bad day or two though.

My last worst day like that was when my old cat (Yes, CAT) who I had for 15 years got so deaf that as I backed out of the drive way (really slowly, always waiting for him to get up and go) I speed bumped him. Drove right over his a$$. Had to put him to sleep. He was also a great companion, that was about 15 years ago. The wife started referring to him as "flat cat." No compassion at all. Divorced her. Kept the kid.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:40 PM

Hey House, I saw this late ,had been mistaken about the content. Dont want to refresh your feelings, but I do want to express condolences. Take care man.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I missed this thread, Joe, and I'm very sorry to hear you lost your pup.
I have had many dogs over the years, and it doesn't seem to get easier each time.
The two we have now are my wife's first dogs, and I think it's gonna be harder on me to see her upset.

I spent a lot of time on farms growing up, so your "flat cat" story made me laugh, too. I've witnessed the demise of soooo many cats it's not even funny. I've seen cows stand up in the barn, only to find a flat cat where the cow was lying. I've seen them go through combines, bailers, etc. etc.
Ever turn the key on an old car and hear a cat scream? It still makes me laugh. Is that sick?
I was also mowing the lawn at my parent's house once when I scared my sister's cat out from under a bush and right into the grill of a speeding van.
Just trying to lighten the mood a bit, I suppose.

Dogs have always been a much different story, though. I love my dogs very much....

Old 01-04-2010, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
..waay to go Patriots .....NOT .........kinda in keeping with my run of things as of late
And weren't you giving me some crap about that?

Old 01-04-2010, 11:45 PM

Yeah, Dylan

When cats are stuck outside in the winter they tend to get next to machinery because it's warm. One of our cats was sitting right up against my dad's radiator (in between the blades of the fan) when I was a kid. Made a hell of a racket when he started the car. Cut the cat's butt kinda bad but he lived through it. That sure would have been a surprise for him.

Quick Reply: Jamie the Dog just passed away.