The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Interesting Saturday Night

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interesting Saturday Night

Well, I went to my buddy's house and got home around 1230am. I walked in the front door.... took off my gloves, jacket, and helmet... and then I hear this badass crash.
I look out the door and see a pickup on it's top in the middle of the road.
So I just take off running towards it, and as I approach I see a guy crawling out of the passenger window which is now just a slit in the door. Dude stands up, brushes himself off, and doesn't have a scratch on him.
Apparently he lost control, hit a fire hydrant, and then barrel rolled through my front yard before sliding about 40ft down the road on the roof.
There's glass, wood, cans, rope, extension cords, etc strewn all through my yard..... my mailbox is MIA.... and half my grass is in the road.
It sucks I didn't get my mail saturday because the box was empty in the woods across the street... lol. Screw it, probably just bills and chit anyway....

Apparently one of his wheels ended up about 3 doors down, too.

I blocked traffic with my jeep for about 30mins until fire got there, and kept talking to the guy. Still can't believe he was 100% fine.

Dude got lucky, but so did I. If I had left my friend's house 30 seconds later... me and my CBR would have gotten wiped out.
Now that's something on the road that you can't prepare for.

Name:  Untitled00001-11.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  17.0 KB

Name:  Untitled00029-10.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  25.5 KB

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 06-21-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:49 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tell him he has to mow your lawn for a month and replace your mailbox
You're both lucky as hell.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ehh... Last time I rolled a car and walked away without a scratch, I was kinda... relaxed . Any idea if he may have been the same?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:28 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luck escape there Dylan!!

So as Korushio asked, was the guy drinking? After all you don't just 'loose control' if you're driving normally.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Administrator - Retired

The driver actually didn't look bad at all. Didn't smell like alcohol and he was walking and talking fine.
It was my first thought, too. He may have been drinking a bit, but certainly didn't seem drunk.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:35 PM

Fate is strange, wasn't your time....or his apparently. Glad your OK and could share the story.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, "loosing control" just doesn't happen unless you are doing something you have no business doing. Especially in a car/truck.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:31 PM

Maybe he should have had both hands on the wheel instead of one on his 'old fella'...the other guys are spot on, you just don't loose control for no reason.

I'm glad you're ok mate [and the cbr]! I assume his insurance will cover your property damage..least he owes you is a case of beer.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Administrator - Retired

Yep, I agree that he was doing something stupid. No doubt about that.
Unless a ball joint broke on him.
After all, it was a Ford.

But yeah, it's much more likely he was just being an idiot.... especially since there are so many idiots out there.
And speaking of idiots..... it wouldn't be right not to mention my dumbass neighbors. LOL...
Get this...... the neighbor wakes up around 10am the following morning and notices that the fire hydrant in her front yard is laying on it's side.
So what does she do??? She calls 911 and reports a HIT AND RUN on the fire hydrant!!!
Bravo, you moron!!!

I'm glad you're ok mate [and the cbr]! I assume his insurance will cover your property damage..least he owes you is a case of beer.
Thanks, Dave. (and everyone else )
And yeah... I'm gonna see about maybe getting a new mailbox out of the deal at least. I'm not too concerned about the ruts, trash, and glass in my yard, but dam..... I need a mailbox!
But beer would be cool, too!

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 06-21-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not rolling a vehicle that's the PITA. I rolled my Isuzu Stylus (Lotus edition) 7 times without breaking a sweat. It's the "rolling a vehicle and walking away without a scratch" (or fouling one's self) that's a bitch.

And the Isuzu my Guardian Angel retired that night, seeing how I was completely sober and walked away after the Jaws were used. Another incident... well again, I was... relaxed . That incident ended anything beyond 1 beer / hr while driving

Quick Reply: Interesting Saturday Night