The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Ignorant Pigs

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 01:54 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ignorant Pigs

Just got home after putting a few more k's since my to end rebuild when 2 young d1ckhead cops decided they needed to run the sirens and lights. I pulled over obligingly (not like the ol days) and asked what was wrong...ahole #1 said was hooning and making undue noise...I said I am just runnin her in and haven't even revvved it over 6000 rpm! Ahole#2 said it did not matter and if they wanted the could confiscate/impound my bike...like wtf! What about all the noise Harleys make was what I was thinking but bit my lip, no need to argue with power mad egomaniacs is there. Oh well good ol taxpayer dollars at work eh..... Ahole #1 suggested a quieter exhaust, so this one must be about right....

Old 07-19-2011, 03:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL. typical cops!

But that is one thing i have never understood. Harleys can be as loud as they want, and we get crap for a bit more than stock. Have had some friends harassed for stock pipes before. WTF? They just have hard-on for us i guess. But keep in mind, we no they are ******, they are still in denial.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First up; good on you for pulling over! Not just for the legal side of things...your bike isn't even run in yet.

Were you speeding, crossing white lines, revving the **** out of it through the middle of town? Obviously not, since they didn't give you a ticket. Nor did they send you for a sound test on your pipe, so it mustn't be too loud.

In my experience, the cops are just a cross section of the rest of us. Some are *********, some are great. Just watch your back mate. On an island only a couple of kms across you're sure to run into them again. They'd be relatives anyway wouldn't they?? (sorry mate)

Old 07-19-2011, 05:15 AM

Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir, cyaaaaa.... Sound about right?
You did the right thing, bit your lip, and rode away with money in your pocket instead of a defect. Good on ya for keeping your cool.

Last edited by RedBaron; 07-19-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:11 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Well done for keeping your cool Jarvid.

However this is what happens when cousins are allowed to marry

Old 07-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They have Gay Marriage in Tasmania ??...... uh oh this thread may fall off the cliff

But yah good job man keeping your cool !

Old 07-19-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
uh oh this thread may fall off the cliff

Like that's never happened before!

Old 07-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have Gay Marriage in Tasmania ??
Thinking of moving there?

But yeah... nice job on keeping your cool, Jarvid. You won't change the mind of an a-hole cop with 2 minutes of truth. They probably wouldn't even comprehend what you were saying. lol..

Old 07-19-2011, 06:20 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default LA Cali...

You know what they call cops in LA...They are license gangster. They can do basically what they want until you catch them on video. You stay cool and calm is the best...worst case maybe a fix ticket here in LA. That's why we never ever sell our OEM silencer. If we get a fix ticket...Switch it, cops check it, then switch back.

Originally Posted by jarvid
Just got home after putting a few more k's since my to end rebuild when 2 young d1ckhead cops decided they needed to run the sirens and lights. I pulled over obligingly (not like the ol days) and asked what was wrong...ahole #1 said was hooning and making undue noise...I said I am just runnin her in and haven't even revvved it over 6000 rpm! Ahole#2 said it did not matter and if they wanted the could confiscate/impound my bike...like wtf! What about all the noise Harleys make was what I was thinking but bit my lip, no need to argue with power mad egomaniacs is there. Oh well good ol taxpayer dollars at work eh..... Ahole #1 suggested a quieter exhaust, so this one must be about right....

Old 07-19-2011, 06:22 PM

So cop bashing threads are a go now? In before the lock....

Quick Reply: Ignorant Pigs