The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

I don't like Mondays

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ach, I hear what you're saying Sprock. Was at a lobster feed in New Brunswick many a moon ago. Truly, a memorable experience. Bucket list material.

To Matt, Love those baseball bat King Crab legs, but Dungeness crabs are sooooo much sweeter Give me a Dungie anytime

To Shadow, Wow! Knee sliders. They're a renewable resource. We're all about the re-use here. I've had Dorado before. Also known as Dolphin fish in the Gulf, Dorado in Baja and Mahi Mahi in Hawaii. Oh, and oysters. I know places where you can walk across a carpet of oysters and never touch the ground

Deep winter here on the Sound is the time to go jigging for Calamari. Some of the largest octupi also inhabit the deep waters of Puget Sound. Ling cod and rockfish, which we call Sea Bass. Alas, the Salmon runs are becoming more and more depleted. Your timing must be good and your angling skills even better to land a big Chinook, but they're out there and still my favorite eating fish. That, or a chrome bright Steelhead

Last edited by wooferdog; 10-26-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Senior Member and Montana roustabout :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, I prefer Dungeness anytime over king crab. When we went fishing out of Westport a few years ago, we spent a day catching Dungies in the boat basin with our fishing rods and crab snares. I had so much fun doing that. Also like red rock crab too...

We also have crawfish here in some of the lakes... Tasty also, but you have to catch a ton to make a meal lol

Old 10-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
Well done, seasoned with smoked salt and served with a rich, dark beer for me.

Sounds like a plan for tomorrow night...

Heretic "Well Done"

Myself - I'm steadily working through a freezer full of cod , haddock , cusk
redfish pollock and other stuff I caught on my summer fishing trips with
me Buds ---- nothing like fresh sea/shellfish imo

One of the wifes pals sister is moored up to one of those Deadliest Catch
Guys - he brought a box of crab back fresh last year - that was the most
amazing crab I ever tasted due in no small part to how he cooked it in
sea water - out of this world it was

Old 10-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, You're missing the whole point with the crawfish... The right (well, finnish) way to enjoy crawfish is to drink about a sixpack of beers per capita, then get the vodkas from the freezer. After every round of served and eaten crawfish everyone takes a straight shot of frozen vodka. Naturally this whole thing has to be carried out outside. I'll tell you, when the clock gets about 2-3am, no one gives a damn are they still hungry... And if they are, there's always the ball bbq and sausages... Man I miss the summer... am currently sitting in the garage typing with my phone and sipping on a beer, just changed studded tyres under my car cause it decided to snow today... Was quite interesting drive home with summer slicks, top speed 60km/h...

Old 10-26-2012, 02:05 PM

I think I'll head over Ivar's after work for some fish and chips, some clam strips too

Attached Thumbnails I don't like Mondays-ivars.jpg  
Old 10-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Huggy Beer - you kill me man but I'll tel ya one thing - vodka from the freezer
in ma ting too

Reminds me I have to get my winters on my Silver s80 too man - 186k miles and
running like the day she rolled out of the factory thanks to Mobil Synth ATF &
Mobil DelVAC and reg cleanings of the sludgebox

Old 10-27-2012, 01:57 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

456tkm on mine and it`s starting to show... It`s going to a shop to get some repairs done a few weeks from now.

Should get my ATF:s changed too, I´ve never changed them and have driven over 200tkm...

What`s a sludgebox?

This is taken yesterday when I got home from work:

Think it´s time to garage it...?

Old 10-27-2012, 03:03 AM

Aye, might be a good time to park the girl

Sludgebox = Autotransmission.

First snow on summer tires?

Is that why Finnish are such good Rally drivers?

Question?

Is to call you a Finn, a derogatory term?

.. and I'll take some Aquavit, if you please

Last edited by wooferdog; 10-27-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:20 AM

Yes, first snow. Changed spikes under my wife`s car on thursday, didn`t have the energy to swap mine. Friday morning on my way to work it was completely snowless, 7:34am the skies opened. The weather stayed below 0c all day so it was super slippery on my way home, did a few braking tests, jumping on the brake pedal from 35mph resulted in loss of steering but did very little in terms of slowing down...

I`m guessing the rally thing is a result from a few things:

-It is very common for farmer`s kids to have old banger cars to thrash around in the fields. Even had a few myself (well, group buys of a bunch of friends or donated ones just rotting under trees...)

-The much spoken finnish sisu. Every single finn knows what it means so it`s extremely hard to explain but I think persistence through stubbornness over insurmountable adversity comes close.

In other words, recklessness mixed with complete lack of self-preservation instinct...

And yes, a finn is a completely accepted term, no derogatory there.

Just got home after a whole day of helping my friend to move. Had completely frogotten how hard that sucks...

Gonna go turn the sauna on, get a cup of hot Jaegertea and a few (surprise,) beers. Found this very good Sinebrychoff Nikolai Cascade ale I`m gonna savour at and after the sauna.

Last edited by Mattson; 10-27-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Senior Member and Montana roustabout :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my toys put away just in time... We've been getting snow on and off for the past week. Still gotta get the CBR up on her center stand and block the tires, but this'll do for now

Attached Thumbnails I don't like Mondays-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: I don't like Mondays