The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Harley Harrassment

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My concern in all this is that our esteemed Stretcher man has just bought one of those........

As for stopping - I guess you had to be there to see the glares in the eyes.........
Pity you didn't have my stungun Steve-o...............
Still not worth the aggro tho'.......................thugs like that give the rest of us a bad name - the "civillians" can't tell one bike from another and we all have to live with the results. Asswipes.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:01 AM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol... *sigh*... I feel for ye mate just glad yer safe. All I can think of is the puke blue/green bucket of bolts my Captain rides (Heritage Soft Tail). I gotta take a pic and post boys... puke aqua color I swear to... well someone better than me.

I'd actually really like to ride with him. Bridge the gap so other IDIOTS can see we're deep down all the same. Actually I can appreciate his piece of machinery, hell its air cooled! I gotta soft spot in my heart for old air cooled 2-strokers, why not a 4-stroke.

He told me the other day I have a "Hondadavidson". I wanted to push his plie of chrome and leather puke over, but it out weighs my lady by about an additional 250lbs. Not to mention it may make my career run a bit short and I'm a little guy. I do have to give him a bit of credit though. He actually paid all of us a credit and said he was very impressed by my miles... said his "real bike" wouldn't do that (91+k). And the "nostalgia and comradery was awesome" among us.

Not much you can do man... just ride in packs or carry a "peace"maker.... I get much less BS when she rides with my gal and I. I know, I know, I know, I'm gonna get chit for this and this was a whole 'nother thread about guns. I DO NOT ADVOCATE VILOENCE BUT WILL DEFEND MYSELF. To be honest most of the time the clip is out of it and in another pocket. I DONT go looking for trouble, but its amazing how IDIOTS don't screw with you when the see her on your hip.

Again. Glad yer safe mate.

Attached Thumbnails Harley Harrassment-100_2338.jpg  
Old 08-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fair point Micheal, it's not right stereotype. Just so many of the fellas riding Hardleys stand out for all the wrong reasons. A good mate of mine had one. When he first got it I walked all around it, paying particular attention to the back of it, then asked "so Col, where do you bolt the plough on". He laughed whilst verbally abusing me, then we had several more brews!

Old 08-20-2009, 03:24 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bridge the gap so other IDIOTS can see we're deep down all the same.

Now you're REALLY pushing it !
IMHO we're NOTHING like those overdressed, overchromed, underhorsepowered,technologically impaired, cash munching "status symbols"...............
The only similarity in my mind is they have two wheels...............

Most Humpty Dumpty owners in this country are old guys with far too much money and time, but won't ride in the rain. It's all supposed to be a "lifestyle" - huh ? If having a lifestyle is defined by how much extra weight you can bolt to an underpowered gas guzzler to give it "bling" is having a "lifestyle"
(But do NOTHING to improve it's handling, performance or rider-ability) then I think someone at the ad-agency has earned their money..........

And anyone with an aquamarine paint scheme must hang out in the "blue oyster bar" (see police academy 1) Does he wear lipstick and his wife's pantyhose to keep the cold out........
Probably wears a "Snoopy" leather helmet too - it fits really, seeing as their design hasn't changed since before the Sopwith Camel, or the Spad.
Both of those had the grace to fade into history around 1919. Pity H-D didn't do likewise.................

I DON'T WANT ANY PART OF IT, thanks anyway.
Druther walk

Old 08-20-2009, 05:24 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Many moons ago, when I was 18 years old, I was riding my CB350 (big bore kit, yashi cam, hooker pipe, Barnett clutch, 8” over front end and 16” rear tire), when one night I came up behind a pack of H-D club riders. I was a wise *** then and decided to pass the bunch and show them what the 350 was all about. One guy broke out and chased me into town. That H-D had a hard time chasing down the CB350 I might add. At a traffic light the rest caught up and they motioned me to pull over. I had no interest in talking with them and dumped the clutch and bolted. They caught me at the next red light and surrounded me. One guy got off, started yelling and wound up and tried to punch me in the face. I had a ¾ helmet on at the time and turned my head sideways and he just about knocked my head off when he landed one on the side of the helmet. I turned to him and asked, “How did that feel?” His friends started laughing and I made a very quick getaway while they were entertained buy their jackass friend.

I have learned a few things from that night.

(1)When those guys want you to pull over, they want to hurt you.
(2)I was a wiseass back then.
(3)A H-D is no match for a CB350.
(4)I am 54 years old now and I am still a wiseass.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:00 AM

Wow you guys have had some unfortunate mishaps! I just try to be a fellow rider!! Hopefully i dont encounter any of those A*holes you guys talk about although about a week ago i went for a nice evening ride with the lady friend I was behind this punkass kid in a truck with his loser friend and my headlight is bright a ****, people flash their lights at me all the time(they are just the stock nothing fancy)....i guess it made this kid mad and he brake checked me hard then got into the other than and gave me the finger....kinda pissed me off so i just rode in sync with him for about 10-15 seconds with my finger up right along side his window....probably not a smart idea then i took off.... dude was a jackass though i was just riding minding my own business...on a happier note i have had harley riders pull up next to me and be friendly asking about my bike, "that thing pretty quick there" and "man, i bet that there will get up on some wheelies" I just laugh

Old 08-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at it this way, steve...
The only reason they bought Harleys in the first place was to try and make up for their tiny ******... then you go blowing by them on a bike with 2/3 the displacement at 1/10th the price.
If it's just one of them, they'll go home and cry....but when they're in a group, it's payback time!!

Like I've said before, though, I ride with some Harley guys on occasion. They're nice guys. Way too slow, but nice guys all the same....

Old 08-20-2009, 10:17 AM

I think anyone who has ridden Japanese bikes for a while (for that matter anything BUT a harley)has encountered the harley hatred thing, even if it's just "how come the only other bikers who don't wave at you ride harleys?" Probably like most of the guys here the only time things seemed like they would get unpleasant, all it took was a couple of shifts and a little throttle to ...as Miaggi say "the best defense is to no be there"
I think some of them look cool and lets face it.. nothing sounds quite like a nice big v-twin, but all it took was a couple of times riding one and I think I have the whole thing figured out. HARLEY RIDERS HATE THEMSELVES! why else would anyone subject themselves to that kind of abuse? Vibration, no power, don't handle, brakes suck, and they leak oil all over. All we can do is pity them their poor self image and try to understand that that's what makes them so unpleasant.

Quick Reply: Harley Harrassment