The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Happy Birthday - 27 years old today

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 09:46 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Happy Birthday - 27 years old today

Happy Birthday - 27 years old today..

My CBR1000F celebrating with her "siblings" .....

Attached Thumbnails Happy Birthday - 27 years old today-fleet-2017.jpg  
Old 07-22-2017, 11:33 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That should read 27 years young, looks like all 3 have had a birthday, but knowing you that is how they always look.....pristine!

Boy that VF looks tasty, I remember lusting over one in my earlier days.

Old 07-23-2017, 12:05 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Happy birthday to the old girl.

With such an abundance of riches, how do you choose which mount on any given day?

Old 07-23-2017, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey Naga, Everyday is a birthday when you can ride motorcycles.

Glad to see your bike looking better than new.

Cheers, SB

Old 07-23-2017, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by jarvid
That should read 27 years young, looks like all 3 have had a birthday, but knowing you that is how they always look.....pristine!

Boy that VF looks tasty, I remember lusting over one in my earlier days.
You too can have one like this ...... just 1 year of work ... and a nut and bolt restore! They are a highly technical, but beautiful motor....

Attached Thumbnails Happy Birthday - 27 years old today-vf750f-my-blue-cut-out.jpg  
Old 07-23-2017, 09:05 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I love the sound of that V4.

Happy b-day and wishing her many more.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:45 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Fab bikes Naga!

Congratulations on the birthday, how many years have you owned her?

Old 07-25-2017, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkwind2016
Fab bikes Naga!

Congratulations on the birthday, how many years have you owned her?
I've owned the 1000F since new in 1991. ( I saw this RED/White colour scheme in Australia in 1990 when released and knew it was a revolutionary classic - couldn't afford it then but by 1991 I just had to have one. I "broke the bank" with the new purchase price of $9,500 and have never regretted it since.)

Attached is "Total cost of ownership" excel record with every maintainance $ spent ( Including registration and insurance ). This equates to $25,572 over 26 year ...... less than $1,000 / year to own one of these machines ( and I still have the original asset which in Aust is now market valued @ $6.5k with this particular bike insured at replacement value of $10,000)

****, I know .... but now a great insight to the exact maintenance of these machines.

I hazard to confess..... - I also have excel spreadsheets for tire wear for every tire, every tank of petrol (fuel consumption), Valve Clearance checks, Carb Sync results, Suspension Geometry......... ect......

Naga.Thai is just an **** spec freak!!!!!

But at least all his bikes are "RIDDEN, NOT HIDDEN".

Old 07-25-2017, 06:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Naga_Thai
Attached is "Total cost of ownership" excel record with every maintainance $ spent ( Including registration and insurance ). This equates to $25,572 over 26 year ...... less than $1,000 / year to own one of these machines ( and I still have the original asset which in Aust is now market valued @ $6.5k with this particular bike insured at replacement value of $10,000)

****, I know .... but now a great insight to the exact maintenance of these machines.
This should really be stickied somewhere! It's incredibly, INCREDIBLY! useful for new owners of the CBR1000f! It gives a great outline on what to expect in terms of cost and maintenance

Make it more visible! I was just roaming around the forums and stumbled on your spreadsheet.

I see you did the valve clearances a lot in the beginning and then there are some great gaps inbewteen. Care to comment on your experience? Valve clearances are one of those things that I judge I won't be able to do myself (atleast not for a forseeable future) and I'm in doubt on when I should haul it to a mechanic to have them checked.

The cost of your valve clearance is also very high, what does this reflect (495 at one point)?

Thanks!

Old 07-25-2017, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Apollon
I see you did the valve clearances a lot in the beginning and then there are some great gaps in bewteen. Care to comment on your experience?

The cost of your valve clearance is also very high, what does this reflect (495 at one point)?

Thanks!
Hi Apollon

Valve clearances were checked at intervals as per Honda service recommendations. In addition.... - Valve clearances were obviously done when replacing the cam chain & tensioner. This is where you see the cost of $495 you refer to. Closer look to the spreadsheet should show you this.

FYI - as attached are my records of ...

1. CBR1000 Maintenance Record - Valve Clearance.
2. CBR1000 Maintenance Record - HONDA CBR1000F - L 1990 CARB SYNC _ BALANCE. (With comparison of using both gauges & then the Carbtune Pro)

You will also find further info on these where I have posted my "HOW TOs"... in this forum.

Quick Reply: Happy Birthday - 27 years old today