The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Fowl(sp?) picture of biker chicks

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
That's already been done Woof, the person you see today is the result of the intervention / counseling and stabilizing drugs.

Apparently, I used to be a bit of an *** previously, but I never actually noticed.
I've had the first two, passed on the stabilizing drugs. My family even talks to me nowadays.

Washington State just legalized marijuana. Now that it's legal I may give it a go.

Who knows

Old 11-27-2012, 04:55 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to my good lady wife (who is in charge of random drug testing at her workplace) the telltale THC will stay in your system very much according to lifestyle.

If you're young, fit and active all traces will be gone in about three days; if your lifestyle is a bit more sedentary and relaxed (like I suspect most of us are) it will hang around for up to thirty days.

Philosophical question; if the state has legalized marijuana, exactly what is random workplace drug testing looking for? There must be threshold levels rather than a yes/no result?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^ No limit. I am drug tested every time I go to work. I need to be badged at nuclear power plants. Some plants test me if I"ve not been under a Fitness For Duty (FFD) observation program for 30 days or more. Some plants have a 2 day FFD criteria. Yep! After working under a plants FFD program and working night shift, I take a turn around day to go to day shift so I can travel to the next plant, that's a turn around day and a travel day. The first thing I do when showing up at the next plant is to head to FFD and give a sample.

I work at TVA plants and when there I am under their FFD program. Here is a LINK to their FFD Program. Nowhere in there does it describe any limits to drugs other than alcohol (see pg 18). Just because its legal, I very much doubt that you'll see it as an excepted drug in the work place.

On my travel days, I am careful not to eat bums with poppy seeds, They show up as opiates and cause a false positive as will quinine water. Quinine is used to cut heroin and causes a false positive.

They always split my samples and in the case above the second sample would under go gas chromatography/ mass spectrometry.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The question between law and workplace testing really hasn't been doped out yet. As for now, it's the status quo.

I-502 decriminalizes possession of up to 28 grams and allows small scale cultivation for personal use to people over the age of 21 and will also allow producers to be licensed by the State to grow and distribute to licensed retail outlets under the control of the State Liquor Control Board. A license will cost $1000.00 annually for each location operated by the licensee.

There's still a lot of question marks regarding the new law. The State Patrol is trying to determine what the level would be to be considered driving under the influence. Another gray area. Normal testing would show positive for a driver who might not have had imbibed for a number of days as Mrs. TK's comments would suggest.

The initiative passed last election and goes into effect 6 December. We'll see how it goes.

My workplace policies have never been as stringent as TBT's and I've adopted a personal rule about smoking pot.

I'll smoke either in the woods or on a sailboat.

Haven't been camping or sailing in years.

I hear in Oz and NZ home distilling is legal. That would get me a federal offense.

Still, it's done all the time. I even have plans for a small hillbilly device

Last edited by wooferdog; 11-27-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I knew TBT wasn't stupid enough to misspell "foul/fowl", so I figured something was up.
Doesn't mean I forgive him.

But on the pot thing... maybe they should legalize it. It might keep some drunks from beating up their wives or something. lol...

My job has drug tested me for almost 9yrs now. I think it's sorta stupid, to be honest. I mean... you can drink a bottle of whiskey every night if you like, but you'll get fired on monday for taking two puffs off a joint on a friday night? It just makes no sense to me.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It might keep some drunks from beating up their wives
The effects of happy tobacco on drunk people are hardly noticeable, so the drunks will still be beating the little women Trout.

If you go to a rock concert or a motorcycle rally in this country, it's hard to draw breath without getting high. The fines for smoking it are miniscule ( if they even bother to arrest you) but distribution is a whole other kiddle of fish - that'll get you serious jail time. Funny thing is, it's classed as a weed here, and I've seen it growing within a block of the Durban Metro Police headquarters building. And it can grow into a tree with a trunk girth of over 15". Hell, we grew a tree outside the Police station commander's window at an out of town Station - was beautifully trimmed into a nice bush until some Colonel from drug squad saw it and nearly had a fit. The stuff grows wild here but is hard to cultivate as it doesn't transplant well. You just chuck the seeds on the ground and it'll grow. It's the ideal climate.

As for distilling your own home brew or "hill billy juice"- nobody cares here unless the still blows up
Double distilled peach brandy is tasty and damn near 90% proof ! Mmmmm !

Old 11-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Administrator - Retired

Originally Posted by Shadow
It might keep some drunks from beating up their wives
The effects of happy tobacco on drunk people are hardly noticeable, so the drunks will still be beating the little women Trout.
I meant that maybe some drunks would switch to pot.

Although.... if you're really drunk and smoke a bunch, I'd think it might slow you down at least a little bit.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From what I've seen here the two almost work against each other, but you may be right. Most who do one, don't do the other. I can see the whole party scene in Washington State and (I think Colorado ) becoming a lot more "mellow" over the Christmas season HEHE
Mellow is good - less people get killed when things are mellow.................LOL

How did we get here from BIKER CHICKS ??? LOL
Except those two in the pic look like they could use a joint or two HEHEHE

Old 11-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Administrator - Retired

Biker chicks love it! Unless they're those fake harley chicks. Then it's about half and half.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:47 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wooferdog

I hear in Oz and NZ home distilling is legal. That would get me a federal offense.

Still, it's done all the time. I even have plans for a small hillbilly device
You're quite right mate, it is not illegal to operate a still in NZ. They are openly sold in retail shops, a very good friend of mine was running a batch through his one when I called on Sunday.

What is illegal thou', is to sell anything you have made in your still. I guess a bit like the difference between possession and dealing.

Can't have the government missing out on their share of the excise duty can we?

Quick Reply: Fowl(sp?) picture of biker chicks