The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Drugs...photos to show your kids.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 06:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HenryM
Hey Dub,
nice info and I totally agree with you. What **** stuff that evil concoction is. I'll admit to having tried it and absolutely hated it. There's no fun in being wired out from the off. Never again. I'll try most things once although there are limits..... like shutting my ***** in a vice.
Since meth came up on the topic I can say quite emphatically that in the UK it's unheard of. I've never come across it at all. My experience in the States however is very much the opposite. It's bloody everywhere, like the weeds in Pete's back garden.
I hope it stays that way from a UK perspective and would like to think that the US drug fraternity will eventually find something else more palletable to replace it with, like cheese.
This is a very interesting thread. Well done 'our Dave' or was it Tim, or Steve...???? Where's the asprin?
Henry, speed was everywhere when i was a lad in the uk. One of my best mates (saved my life once for sure!!! and waded in anytime he thought it appropriate) went to the big house for it...the rest of us didn't know what he was up to. I may have tried it twice (may have) but, if I did, would have found the crap headache and misery the next day, not worth the insignificant high. I'm normally jumping out of my own skin with energy and love life...Why f@ck with that?

These days it's just a few beers for me. I just hope my kids don't get into anything bad, hence my thread.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Hmmm...
A Pete smiley hey Dave ????? lol

Ok ... I know the drill !! , " get the **** back under my Aussie rock ! " LOLOL
You're going to get us both 'in trouble' Steve.

Since this is my thread I see no reason I can't 'Jack'( ) it. How do you insert the smileys you come up with and where do you find them?

Old 07-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davethepom
Henry, speed was everywhere when i was a lad in the uk. One of my best mates (saved my life once for sure!!! and waded in anytime he thought it appropriate) went to the big house for it...the rest of us didn't know what he was up to. I may have tried it twice (may have) but, if I did, would have found the crap headache and misery the next day, not worth the insignificant high. I'm normally jumping out of my own skin with energy and love life...Why f@ck with that?

These days it's just a few beers for me. I just hope my kids don't get into anything bad, hence my thread.
Dave,
you're confusing two very different drugs. Meth stands alone and is nothing like the speed you might have come across in the UK as a lad, believe me, no similarity whatsoever.
Blues, black bombers, white yellows...... nothing like meth. Meth=Premature Death.
The rest of em just featured a nasty come down.
As for what you tell your kids.... I think you've got to be able to trust them to go out into the big wide world, the same way we all did, and go through whatever they're going to go through with an honest attitude. After all we're all going to do what we do. When it comes down to it though, if things go pear shaped, as a kid, who would you most like to turn to for help and advice. Your parents? Yes. Why not.
I've always told my kids to speak about whatever they want to and not be ashamed of whatever they might do.
Some very interesting conversations have come out of that philosophy but they know they can talk. It's helped all of us a great deal over the years. Someone said earlier that kids will always do the opposite of what you tell em. This is mainly true, certainly in my case as a kid.
Take that into account, have an open mind and you're near to getting the balance right.
Just be prepared to hold your tongue when your daughter/son comes home and tells you she/he's tried smack for the first time. The moment you loose your rag about things like this is the moment you're never really going to know your daughter/son ever again. Our opinions are not necessarily those of our children.
It's a free world. All we can ever hope to do is point them in the right direction and have an open dialogue with them which supports this interaction.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:53 AM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting

Hey:

@HenryM, Sounds like some awesome parenting skills you have aquired there mate. Not everybody thinks of their children as future equal adults ( I don't know why, you gotta give them good choice making skills so they put you in a good old folks home when the time comes instead of a crappy one) and thats a hard concept for most to grab onto. I feel they need to be given guidance and after a certain age, let go to see if they retain the values you given them, sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Then you have done all you can, and given it you best shot (As long as you really did). Then maybe as they get a little older you can help guide them and your grandkids with them to one big kumbayah life. We can only hope thats how it works out anyway. I feel that the more you interact and treat your kids to age appropriate lessons the more you can help them become their own better selves (people that can cope) and the less likely there will turn to drugs (like Meth) as an escape from life.

BTW I see Meth, Crack, LSD and Heroin ( and a few others) as a whole different category of drugs and they can not be considered recreational as they are life game changers. Meth = Death, as your body can only take so much before it stops working. I don't think anyone has ever died directly from smoking too much weed and feel its less of a health problem than Tobacco just not legal in some places.

Dub

Last edited by CBR1988; 07-31-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:19 PM

Each to their own Dub!
No two people are the same. One mans wine is another's poison. That's why it's so important to be able to talk about what you do. Right or wrong in anyone's opinion, a trusted person makes life so much more bearable and can make the difference between losing it and regaining balance. I don't think there's many people who can say they haven't felt a little out of control at some point in their life.
Thanks for your compliment but my parenting skills have been honed directly as a result of being an out and out rebel. One day I sat down and realised the link. THink I was pretty tripped out at the time....... he he.... I just have a lot of trust when it comes down to it. An eternal optimist. If you can't see something good in everything then you got to take a good long hard look at yourself. The world's a beautiful place. Surely we aren't here to suffer all the time. Ride the sine wave. Good can't exist without bad... if you get my drift.
My kids know this!

Old 07-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting

Hey:

"HenryM: Each to their own Dub! No two people are the same"

Ain't that the truth, And glad we are not all the same as what a boring place that would be. "Variety is the spice of life" We all just need to find some realistic compromises to get along in a reasonable way something that appears very hard to do by past experience. Its all run by unreasonable, uncompromising, unrealistic folks that don't ride is why, LOL.

We all should learn from our mistakes, not keep repeating them expecting a different outcome= Insanity

Dub

Last edited by CBR1988; 07-31-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:24 PM

Ya think there's a Correlation? Two wheels and being real? You may have a damned good point there.
My old Man rode two wheels all his life, me Mam too. Only one of my three brothers didn't. He's a ****, seriously nuts even though he's the editor of one of UK's most famous papers. Sure, I rebelled against my parents but they actually did listen to me in the end and changed their minds. I've always admired them for that. Even in their 80's they're still open to new ideas.
After not wanting to be like them when I was a kid, now I admire them for their out of the box thinking.
I don't see most people being that way..... unfortunately.
Anyway, back on topic..... poor young Amy. Sheesh! I feel for her old man. He must be in bits.

Quick Reply: Drugs...photos to show your kids.