The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Drugs...photos to show your kids.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drugs...photos to show your kids.

Dear all,

I showed these before and after pictures of Ami Whitehouse to my 15 year old boy and 12 year old girl. They were both speechless for a few seconds (very rare for anybody in my house!)

I sent them to a guy at work who'se going to show them to his kids and I thought I'd put them up for you guys in case any of you want to do the same.

I try to avoid serious posts but I think that these two pictures did more to keep my kids away from speed etc. than any amount of lectures from me or life education classas at school.

Regard,

Dave.

Attached Thumbnails Drugs...photos to show your kids.-awa.jpg  
Old 07-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn - she was kind of attractive pre-drug days.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:42 PM

Yeah Steve, there's no easy answer. I've had a couple of EX!! mates go that way in the past. One here who lost everything and started knocking stuff all around the place. He knew better than to go near my place though! The bloke's the same age as me and, according to my wife, used to be a really good looking bloke. Half his teeth are gone and the rest are rooted, he looks 15 years older.

If I see him in the street or shops, I nod and say g'day but that's it...wouldn't p!ss on him if he was on fire!

When I moved here a mate in England was on the same path. A pretty wife and two lovely kids weren't enough to hold him back from the crap. I tried to tell him but, to no avail.

Several of us here have given it a bit of Cheech and Chong action as young blokes, but the goey is some particularly filthy **** for sure!

Anyway, I saw the effect the pics had on my two and they really seemed to get it...I can only hope so.

I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of anybody who tries to hook them up though!!

Absolutely Nate! That's the real point. She was only 27 when she died and should / would have still looked like that. She wouldn't have noticed the gradual change for the worst. That's what I'm hoping to get my kids to see.

I do appologise for the serious thread guys...I don't generally depart from the usual bullsh!t. Normal service will resume shortly.

Last edited by davethepom; 07-25-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Avoiding double posting.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:34 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That stuff is so damned addictive - lots of peer pressure in schools though, and too many low life scum sucking pigs willing to sell the stuff - hell they even give it away to get you going.
BASTARDS should all be shot on sight IMO.

I'll still have a go at the VERY occasional Mary Jane - **** the stuff grows wild in my garden - it's the weed capital of the African continent hehe. But, like booze, it doesn't go with bikes at all................so 8 hours bottle to throttle (or in my case, if there's mumbo, no jumbo) hehe

Great post our 'Enry mate !

NOW GET BACK TO NORMAL please, all this levity is killin' me !

Old 07-26-2011, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow
That stuff is so damned addictive - lots of peer pressure in schools though, and too many low life scum sucking pigs willing to sell the stuff - hell they even give it away to get you going.
BASTARDS should all be shot on sight IMO.

I'll still have a go at the VERY occasional Mary Jane - **** the stuff grows wild in my garden - it's the weed capital of the African continent hehe. But, like booze, it doesn't go with bikes at all................so 8 hours bottle to throttle (or in my case, if there's mumbo, no jumbo) hehe

Great post our 'Enry mate !

NOW GET BACK TO NORMAL please, all this levity is killin' me !

Luckily for me, I know a couple of the local cops (not mates, but enough to talk to) and the owner of the local security company. I'll know what's going on with my kids even if they never know I know...you know??

I've never been called Enry before Pete...you did say "VERY occasional" didn't you?

Old 07-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davethepom
I've never been called Enry before Pete...you did say "VERY occasional" didn't you?
That would just be silly for someone to call you 'Enry when your name is Dave, why would anyone do that?

Probably just trying to demonstrate how much the gooey sh!te can **** with your mind.

Well done Pete, a sobering lesson for us all.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I showed these before and after pictures of Ami Whitehouse to my 15 year old boy and 12 year old girl.
That's what you have to do. There was a guy hear in a wheel chair due to drugs and crashing a car. I would always point him out to my kids and say,"That's what drugs do." They would always stare at him but I could see the gears turning.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
That's what you have to do. There was a guy hear in a wheel chair due to drugs and crashing a car. I would always point him out to my kids and say,"That's what drugs do." They would always stare at him but I could see the gears turning.

I'm trying a combination approach with my two. No one thing is going to work but I think that seeing the results for themselves, and drawing their own conclusions, is the best shot.

If you tell 'em one thing, the little buggers will more that likely do the opposite!

Old 07-26-2011, 05:20 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default What were she taking?

What drug did THAT? I don't think is bud? Gotta be like meth....

Dear all,

I showed these before and after pictures of Ami Whitehouse to my 15 year old boy and 12 year old girl. They were both speechless for a few seconds (very rare for anybody in my house!)

I sent them to a guy at work who'se going to show them to his kids and I thought I'd put them up for you guys in case any of you want to do the same.

I try to avoid serious posts but I think that these two pictures did more to keep my kids away from speed etc. than any amount of lectures from me or life education classas at school.

Regard,

Dave.

Quick Reply: Drugs...photos to show your kids.