CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   How To: Paint and Body (https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-paint-body-109/)
-   -   Project: Airbrushed widescreen (https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-paint-body-109/project-airbrushed-widescreen-153969/)

edwardzx7 11-11-2015 02:05 PM

Project: Airbrushed widescreen

5 Attachment(s)
Figured since I riveted back my windscreen why not airbrush a cool(in my eyes)graphic, and show a step by step. Its going to take some time but I'll get a finish product soon.A wolf graphic, this will be my 4th one. I do airbrushing in my spare time. I drew up the graphic on the windscreen to where I was happy with the placement. The windscreen cracked when the bike fell over. I didn't want to buy a new screen so why not put it together the best I can! It split The whole thing, but I just reinforced just enough to hold! I 'll try to update weekly( I got a baby girl that keeps me busy during the day)!

Conrice 11-11-2015 03:53 PM

Looks cool, keep us updated.

You drew that?!?!

edwardzx7 11-11-2015 03:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Just went over the sketch with a permanent marker so it wouldn't rub off. Going to put some color on it soon!!

edwardzx7 11-11-2015 04:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Yes Conrice, I 've always been into art! I do a lot of black and white portraits. I have a friend who does tattoos now in town here. I 've known him since I was 11, he got me into drawing!

edwardzx7 11-11-2015 06:39 PM

7 Attachment(s)
This is how "I" airbrush. I have 2 iwata s, a crescendo 175, and a badger "krome"( my main one).I used the krome for this screen. All paint is createx(5 drops for paint, 3 drops of water to reduce)(This is what works for me).First thing I do is to add white to give it a lil dimension.

edwardzx7 11-11-2015 06:50 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Oh and the "wolf" picture was originally done by a women named "Jasmine", I just bing wolf pictures, and find something I like!!! The white at the top of head is just to "fill in" the open space for later! It looks a little bit funny at first, but when I add the other colors you 'll see why I did this! Still adding white:

edwardzx7 11-11-2015 06:51 PM

That's it for today! Happy Veterans day to all who served!!!

Conrice 11-11-2015 06:56 PM

Jeez, I'll never understand how people do that......

You don't have a GTP do you? That engine cover looks familiar.....

Happy Veteran's Day as well.

edwardzx7 11-13-2015 08:45 AM

Conrice, I have a 2002 bonneville ssei. You probably seen it if your on the Pontiac site!

edwardzx7 11-13-2015 09:21 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Okay Friday the 13th update. I had ten minutes before "lil mama needed a bottle", so why not airbrush!!!So my next steps were to add black to fill over the black marker! Some spots have overspray and that's okay(for me, I'm trying to get good enough to not use tape and templates so much like a lot of airbrush artist do. They don't free hand much and it makes a night and day difference in your work).Next will come the gray color!