How To: Paint and Body How'd you get that unique look? Show your skills with pics and write-ups of how you did it ...

ColorRite Pearl White paint = Garbage

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 05:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ColorRite Pearl White paint = Garbage

For anyone out there thinking of ordering Honda Pearl Fadeless White from ColorRite, save half of the money you were going to spend on the paint and put the other half to better use by setting it on fire.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:48 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Do you want to explain, in detail, your issue with the paint?

Information-less rants seem to "disappear" around here.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used up entire supply of my initial three stage aerosol system (base, pearl, clear $100) from them trying every permutation I could think of on test panels to get the color to match. Called ColorRite. They sent me another batch with a different clear coat. Went through entire can of clear and base but finally got a test panel that looked decent. Ordered more base and clear from ColorRite ($70). They sent incorrect clear. Turns out the "different" clear they sent me was after I had called to complain was a can of SprayMax 1k clear that they had put their label on. Tried to paint seat cowl anyway. Color is still way off. For the money I've spent on paint from ColorWrong, I could have taken the bike to a high-end custom paint boutique and had the damn cowl painted. Only problem is, it's my daily, so I can't leave it somewhere to have the color matched, plus, all the places I've called are too chicken-sh¡t to try to match a pearl white.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The shops aren't to chicken. with pearl paint you have to spray "coats" to get the paint to match. If you painted the cowl with two coats of pearl, then you have to paint the whole bike with two coats one each panel to match. If you painted the cowl with four coats, then you have to paint the rest of the bike with four coats. You also have to allow the right drying time between coats. The number of coats really make the pearl "pop" when painted correctly. I ve use this company before and paint quality is right on when trying to color match.