How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

**NEW** HID INSTALLATION WRITE-UP (for newer style kits) 09-05-07

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: **NEW** HID INSTALLATION WRITE-UP (for newer style kits) 09-05-07

well u know the quality of urs. So the same ebay store had these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H7-80...3958QQtcZphoto

Same thing right? Would the xenon expert still be better? for 15 dollars more?

Old 09-18-2007, 02:39 PM

I'm going to do the xenon expert 8000k h7 kit with lifetime warranty on bulbs etc.

I'm just worried about this automotive stuff....got me nervous. Did your buddy "hamster" do the automotive?

Old 09-18-2007, 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: ryman546

I'm going to do the xenon expert 8000k h7 kit with lifetime warranty on bulbs etc.

I'm just worried about this automotive stuff....got me nervous. Did your buddy "hamster" do the automotive?
Ryman,

No need to worrie about Automotive design, vs Motorcycle design. Headlight bulbs, are headlight bulbs. The manufacturer's do not want to have two differant types as then they would have to have the retailers carry inventory for two different types. Also from a business stand point, why "re-invent the wheel". The automotive kit will work just fine.

Chris

Old 09-18-2007, 06:11 PM

ordered!

Old 09-18-2007, 06:14 PM

oh snap last question i swear. On the stock system u can turn down the bright somewhat so that u can run both lights at about the same brightness. can u do that with the hid kit. I'm not sure exactly what i'm talking about i just read it in a post.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:10 PM

oh snap last question i swear. On the stock system u can turn down the bright somewhat so that u can run both lights at about the same brightness. can u do that with the hid kit. I'm not sure exactly what i'm talking about i just read it in a post.

I think you mean adjust the "aim" of the light right? I've never heard of, nor would I ever even if it could be done turn down the brightness. During the day especially rush hour I ride with my highbeam on full time, at night just my low beam unless I'm on a highway. I like what someone else said on here... " if they flash me for my highbeam, at least I know they say me"

To answer your question, yes you can adjust... the "aim" of your highbeam, as it's housing your adjusting not the buld or voltage. But I personally wouldn't unless you hardly ever ride on unlit roads/highways.

Have fun, I'm going to order mine in about a month or so.... ( If I'm lucky I might get on my bike maybe two or three more times other than commuting before winter storage) I'm certainly not going to take it apart before it dips below -0c or the snow flies lol

Old 09-18-2007, 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Icyalkn

I think you mean adjust the "aim" of the light right? I've never heard of, nor would I ever even if it could be done turn down the brightness. During the day especially rush hour I ride with my highbeam on full time, at night just my low beam unless I'm on a highway. I like what someone else said on here... " if they flash me for my highbeam, at least I know they say me"

To answer your question, yes you can adjust... the "aim" of your highbeam, as it's housing your adjusting not the buld or voltage. But I personally wouldn't unless you hardly ever ride on unlit roads/highways.

Have fun, I'm going to order mine in about a month or so.... ( If I'm lucky I might get on my bike maybe two or three more times other than commuting before winter storage) I'm certainly not going to take it apart before it dips below -0c or the snow flies lol

DOH!!!! saw me not say me haha brutal

Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 PM

I'm running the DDM ones on my bike and they are great. Same plug and play style. Definitely worth the money.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:41 PM

yah xenon dude just increased his price like 50 bucks in a hour. bs

Old 09-19-2007, 02:47 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well u know the quality of urs. So the same ebay store had these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H7-80...3958QQtcZphoto

Same thing right? Would the xenon expert still be better? for 15 dollars more?
WOW. They JUST had to add those, because I was clicking around their store a couple days ago, and they didn't have those.

So I would DEFINITELY give them a shot. I've ordered 4 kits from them, and every one of them has performed perfectly and still going strong. I would have loved to pick up a set of these new slim ones (would make installing them MUCH easier on an 07 especially.)

Quick Reply: **NEW** HID INSTALLATION WRITE-UP (for newer style kits) 09-05-07