CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   How-To: Mechanical (https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mechanical-40/)
-   -   how to: install a bi-xenon projector lens light (https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mechanical-40/how-install-bi-xenon-projector-lens-light-101203/)

Dmitriy 09-21-2009 05:13 PM

how to: install a bi-xenon projector lens light

- 2 lens, it's also lamp-base for D2S/R bulb, with bulbs, with neon "angel eyes" decoration
- 2 ballasts (5th generation - ultra slim, digital)
- 2 controllers with cables
- installation screw

good chinese factory quality - cables a little weak, but others items good. lens frame made of steel/aluminium or something durable and weighty alloy (in the next generation, exactly in 3rd, it made of plastic - more light, but more fragile)

high beam controlled by shutter, so it'spossible to blink. after installation reflector only hold lens, as bracket, so it make possible to tune up the headlight.

sinse reflector and case of headlight don't constructively change, it's possible to return original construction or common HID

OPTIONAL:
angle eyes color: white, yellow, red, green, blue, purple
color temperature: 4300K, 5100K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K
light model: H4, 9004/9007, H1 & H7, 9005/9006

chinese factory (HID LIGHTING CO.,LTD /www.hidlighting.com.cn/) price to July 16, 2009 is 82,5$ for bi-xenon projector lens light kit with 1105 ballast ( H4 4300k white ) + shipping.

Dmitriy 09-21-2009 06:07 PM

INSTALLATION

mount it according to user manual, nothing serious problem in process of installation. so...

1. take off front plastic with headlight, take off headlight
2. disassemble the headlight: put it to the box and heat it by drier for 15-20 minutes, sealing material get soft and it's possible to separate the parts

3. assemble the lens on reflector, washer for H4 lamp-base fix it all in right position.

4. assemble the headlight back: join the parts together and send it back to "oven"

after 15-20 minutes when sealing get soft assemble parts together tightly with fixing catches

i used sealing that stay in grooves after disassembling the headlight

5. install headlight back on plastic

6. install controller and ballast. i found good place under control panel on "spider" for ballast and on air duct for controller

7. positive pole i connect to wire that goes from ignition to fuse. ground very good press to screw that hold on "spider" by additional nut. angle eyes i don't connect yet.
it's all, nothing connection needed, controller have connector for standart headlight connector

8. install front plastic and all that off back on moto. adjust headlight.

Dmitriy 09-21-2009 06:14 PM

Dmitriy 09-21-2009 06:17 PM

drunkinmist 09-23-2009 07:03 AM

How long have you had it on your moto? That is bad a$$ky.

Dmitriy 09-23-2009 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by drunkinmist (Post 840306)
How long have you had it on your moto? That is bad a$$ky.

since end of august

pontyhufc 10-09-2009 12:21 PM

do you have any pictures of just the angel eye when it is on???

Dmitriy 10-15-2009 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by pontyhufc (Post 846512)
do you have any pictures of just the angel eye when it is on???

sorry, don't have. my moto from japan and headlight always ON, so i think the bright lower beam cover the angel eye

xjoewhitex 12-04-2009 08:14 PM

That is freaking awesome I should do that on my f4.. And black out the chrome backing. So this just bolts in, theres no hacking of the headlight ?

Dmitriy 12-07-2009 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by xjoewhitex (Post 862846)
That is freaking awesome I should do that on my f4.. And black out the chrome backing. So this just bolts in, theres no hacking of the headlight ?

yes, no hacking of the headlight, anytime you can return to the stock
btw, with this decision on F4i or RR (if it fit in) it's simple to make both headlights work normally HI/LO beam, and don't blind the other way by alway on hi beam.