CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   How-To: Mechanical (https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mechanical-40/)
-   -   How To: Canister Wrap (detailed) (https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mechanical-40/how-canister-wrap-detailed-121999/)

scorpionvmu 03-05-2011 05:27 PM

How To: Canister Wrap (detailed)

9 Attachment(s)
I have seen some post on how to do it but there was not a lot of pics with them. Some people need the pics to do it correctly, so here it is.

Step 1

Choose your favorite drink. I have chosen the Monster can since I have few others made already.

Attachment 49781

Step 2

Drink it and wash out the can with warm water to get rid of all that sticky stuff inside.

Step 3

Make a hole with scissors at the bottom of the can, and the top of the can. The smaller the can, the more careful you have to be not to bend it.
You can use any size can. I have used 8.4oz. cans up to 16oz. cans.

Attachment 49782

Attachment 49783

Attachment 49784

Step 4

Split the remaining can in half on the back side.

Attachment 49785

Step 5

Now we get to the bike.

No matter what size can you choose, you will have to cut it to the size of the canister. The bigger the can the more you have to cut, if the can is bigger than 8.4oz. you also have to cut the long ways to make it smaller. You have to make sure it wraps around the canister tight.

Attachment 49786

In the picture it was too long, cut it little from both sides to make it fit, and make the sides smooth.

Step 6

Take the clamp off with a philips screw driver (counter clock wise)

Attachment 49787

Step 7

Wrap the can over the canister making sure the cut ends are overlapping behind the bracket.

Attachment 49788

Step 8

Making sure the can is tight, reinstall the clamp around the canister, position it where you want it, and tighten the philips screw with a screw driver. (clock wise)

And this is what it should look like.

Attachment 49789

I hope this helps someone who wants to make theirs unique.

:icon_attention:

Kuroshio 03-05-2011 06:00 PM

I like pictures.

Only thing I'd ask is how you smoothed down the edges after cutting. The Monster can goes from "A mother's worst nightmare" to reasonably smooth when it's on your bike ;)

scorpionvmu 03-05-2011 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio (Post 1021915)
I like pictures.

Only thing I'd ask is how you smoothed down the edges after cutting. The Monster can goes from "A mother's worst nightmare" to reasonably smooth when it's on your bike ;)

in step 5 (pic didnt load to my mistake, Hope you guys can fix it for me)
all it needs is [/img] at the end

what the pic shows is how the can is way too long, so what you have to do is cut some of it off on both sides to make it fit perfect.. those are the cuts that are made carefully and straight, thats how the edges are nice and smooth.:icon_doh:

scorpionvmu 03-06-2011 11:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
heres the cans i have made so far..... so if i feel like changing it i have that option. (2 min. project)

Attachment 49746

thats the can on my baby now

Attachment 49747

itsme71190 03-07-2011 10:13 AM

The small red bull can slips right on.

__Z__ 03-07-2011 03:21 PM

great write up man... and kuro if you want smooth edges do your cutting with a dremel

use cutting disks/sand bits.... and itll be smooth as butter...

nowensby 03-08-2011 01:03 PM

I would suggest a good pair of scissors for smooth edges; that's what I've used for all 3 of mine and edges have been quite smooth.

scorpionvmu 03-10-2011 01:38 PM

as long as you can cut in a straight line, they have no choice but to come out smooth. thats why i like the bigger cans, more room to make your final cuts.

vegas_rebel 03-13-2011 08:27 PM

Hey Scorpion, thanks for the good thread.

I just tested this out today, and it ties my bike together a lot better than it was. I don't know that I like the orange, but it's nice proof of concept. Very easy and well detailed.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_b...0/IMAG0010.jpg

DonnyBrago 03-14-2011 10:21 AM

I struggled to believe that anyone with the cognitive capacity to operate a pair of scissors would struggle with this until I saw your collection of badly hacked, bent and oversized drinks cans.