How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

The Definitive Guide to Installing Vortex Frame Sliders

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great write up. I didn't have a laser handy so i used a wax pencil and made a dot on the center of the bolt. and put fairings back on thus leaving a dot right where i needed to drill. i also thought about just taping a thumb tack to the bolt then when you put the plastics back on you could press the plastics on the tack and it will stick in and stay right where you need to drill.

i think the laser method is probably your best route but if you don't have one there are other methods that work just as well. the main thing is just take your time and be precise with all your drilling. when i was finished you couldn't get a piece of paper in between the plastics and sliders super tight, looks factory.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1998f3
Nice wrtie up, but for those of you who dont want to use a laser and not move the bike the whol time, check this out...

------www.rc51.org/slider.htm-----
The pictures disappeared from the original sticky ... and this method seemed much easier than dusting off my laser- oh and a good excuse to buy play doe... a friend used to make her own play doe using flower and water... but i digress

tkx 1998F3