General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheelie practice tool?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelie practice tool?

Anybody know if someplace sells wheelie bars other than 12 o'clock bars? Something like to practice with for doing sit up or stand ups not 12 o'clocks. I'm learning how to wheelie and i think it be cool if something was out there to help jus so i can get used to clutching and roll on/off. And/or can 12 o'clock bars work for that purpose? thanks guys

Old 07-17-2006, 01:00 AM
Default RE: Wheelie practice tool?

I saw a machine on Two Wheel Tuesday on Speed once that was designed to do this. Kick *** looking tool. They had a 954 bolted with the rear axel through a solid peice and had a drum that the rear wheel spun, (kind of like a dyno) and a HUGE fan in front of it to keep it cool. It would not come all the way over and when it reached past 12 o'clock it would kill the engine and bring it down slowly somehow. It would be cool, but costly to build right Im sure. Here is one version.

http://www.azwheelieride.com/

Old 07-17-2006, 02:21 AM

Ive seen that wheelie machine before, i'd like to use it but there is a more realistic way. I saw a wheelie bar that had certain settings on it for begginers and pros that connected to the axle and back brake. It would actually allow you to ride the bike on a road to practice instead of being stationary. You wont feel the bumps on that wheelie machine or the cross winds or anything. just straight up and down. I can see how it will get you more used to the balance point but thats about it

WheelieRide.com Has a short video preview of the wheelie machine.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:07 PM

using a wheelie bar for anything other than slow speed stuntin would not be a wise choice! There is no bar made for regular sit down or stand up wheelies. The best way to learn wheelies is to practice, try gasing it over hills, that will teach you how to use your throttle to hold a wheelie up. Sit downs should be the ones you should try to get down first. Stand ups are the easiest ones to do but you should learn how to clutch them before you move on to those. while doing a sit down it is easy to transition into a stnd up. Good luck and be carerful, it all takes time!

Old 07-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Retired Super Moderator

I had a chance to ride a wheelie machine at the Standalone Choppers Rally here in Richmond a month ago. Honestly, it is not very realistic, and i didn't feel that it would be helpful to anyone trying to "learn" wheelies. There's just no feel to it.

-Adam

Old 07-19-2006, 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: hyperriderz

using a wheelie bar for anything other than slow speed stuntin would not be a wise choice! There is no bar made for regular sit down or stand up wheelies.
That is an out right LIE. You do not know that for a fact because I myself have seen one. They use them for high speed wheelies in stunting schools. I have seen videos of it and they even had a diagram of how it was on the bike.

The bar is a wheelie bar not a 12 bar. If you mean 12 bar than say 12 bar.

Kinda bad when you flat out call me a liar when I know that you dont know what you are talkin about with the wheelie bar. Although the rest of what you said is mainly true.

It is the "wheelie trainer" you see in the pictures; a trailing device attached to the rear axle that performs two essential tasks. The first is an interruption of power to one of the Speed Triple’s three fuel injectors when the rear axle has rotated to a preset point in relation to the wheelie bar, substantially reducing engine power in the process. A degree wheel on the rear axle allows the instructors to initiate intervention at varying amounts of wheel lift, so students can start off at modest levels and work their way up.

The second task entrusted to the wheelie trainer bar is to apply the rear brake at truly vertiginous angles, preventing the Triumph from flipping all the way over. Thus equipped, the Triumph ought to be incapable of the typical rookie wheelie accident.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4569/61D95F0020CA445D8F52EB6C9B50A9C5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-20-2006, 12:16 AM

i wonder how well this works

Old 07-20-2006, 01:20 PM

thanks D thats exactly what i was talking about that thing looks bad ***!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Err

why don't you just go out and practice instead of wasting money on that crap?

Old 07-20-2006, 11:22 PM

Keith Code had a Wheelie School, but someone got killed at the school so I'm not sure if it's still going.

Quick Reply: Wheelie practice tool?