General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should i buy???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i buy???

Hey you guys, I am new to the forum because i have recently decided that I am going to buy a CBR, which was a big leap for me, being from Milwaukee, and onlyknowing harleys for the first 20 years of my life. I have been looking at a few CBRs and was wondering if you guys could give me some insight about the pros and cons of a few certian models. I was thinking about spending around 6k and probably getting a 600 motor (its my first bike). So i was looking at 2004- 2007 600F4s and 600RRs. Did they get smaller in 2007, cuz they kind of look smaller, and i like the smallerlook. and also how much milage is too much, and also how did the body change throughout these years? Any input would be really helpful for me, so thanks in advance!
Matt

Old 04-08-2008, 02:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: What should i buy???

Being its your first bike stay away from the RR's. For a first bike I wouldnt recommend a 600 to anyone, but some on here n other forums will. So if you are determined to get a 600 get a older F series. And since you seem to prefer the looks of the RR's the nyou'd prolly like the 01 - 03 F4i over the older models. But dont think for one second a 600 is a lil bike or it will bite you in the *** hard.

Welcome to the addiction.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:28 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What should i buy???

For a first bike I wouldnt recommend a 600 to anyone
+1, it has been done, but the chances of crashing badly do go up as compared to starting on a smaller bike. The other thing is a smaller bike will make it easier to learn more about riding.

Sportbikes are expensive to fix (you will crash), expensive toinsure, and have way too much power for most noobs. These are themain reasons for not getting a modern 600cc. There is really no effectivedifference from your point of viewbetween the F4i and RRs aside from a little top end power and ergos.

get an OLDER bike or a small cruiser to learn on.