General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warped rotor(s)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warped rotor(s)?

Okay, so I bought my 01 F4i last march with 26K on it. I dont remember how the brakes were in the begining. One of the first things I did was SS front lines. Got new brake pads also, they were galfer greens I think.

It started feelin weird on the brakes, and it gave a pulsing at high speed. Low speeds it would catch and let go and squeak as it came to a stop.

I bought used rotors and i think it was okay for a bit but it is back now.

Does anyone have any bad experience with certain types of pads/compounds?
Anyone had rotors machined or "turned" to get them back to true?

I also have modified the brake lines and added a GSXR front master cylinder. The bike has close to 40K on it right now and I am seeing a bit of dirt on the tops of the fork adjusters. That is a sign of oil leakage and I know I haven't serviced the forks in the 14K ive put on it. I bet the previous-previous owner's wheelies diddnt do any good either. Could it be suspension? It isnt only when the braking is hard and loading the suspension. I can feel it grabbing and letting go as the rotors turn.

I dont know how crazy I want to get, or how much money I am gonna spend. Honestly when I think of doing work to this thing, it just makes me want to spend on a new bike and get a 929 or something... I want to do the front fork service, and completely disassemble the bike and do a full powdercoat then put it back together for next spring. If im doin the front forks Id rather just do a 929/954 front end swap...

Thanks for any input.