General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W.T.F !! do you get leg cramp's ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default W.T.F !! do you get leg cramp's ????

riding, I get leg camp's either the left or the right in the thigh on the inside of my leg just above my knee my leg 's are already at my chest so when I position my leg or my foot just above the shifter or the brake just hovering doe's it pull your muscle in your leg ??? to were you have to pull over...???

Old 05-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Default RE: W.T.F !! do you get leg cramp's ????

my leg muscles do get "twisted up" sometimes at trackdays, kinda hurts and shaking my leg around a little usually does the trick

Old 05-06-2006, 10:42 PM

I usually try to stretch the old hammies before I ride. That might help.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My suggestion is to make sure you are not dehydrated and if you don't already exercise then it might be time to start. Sit-ups and lunges might be the answer since when you are on a sport bike the recommended technique is to support yourself with your legs by squeezing the inside of your thighs on the tank and support your upper body with your abs.

Old 05-07-2006, 02:32 AM

stretching.. also on the longer rides i will put down my rear pegs and rest my feet on them to stretch my legs out whyll riding.

Old 05-07-2006, 02:56 PM

as long as i don't need to shift, I always ride with my feet on the back pegs, since otherwise my elbows and knees would argue with each other all the time.. I'm going ot see if I can make some linkage so that I can shift with my feet on the rear pegs.. Stretching can't hurt.. and I used to have a fair number of aches and pains when i started riding.. they're all gone now... you need to ride more!

Old 05-07-2006, 03:37 PM

Eat a banana

http://thenaturalcure.blogspot.com/2...-cure-and.html

Old 05-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Eat a banana"

Didn't know anyone else knew about that. Eating a banana and making sure you're hydrated pretty much takes care of cramp problems for me. If there's no banana around, try drinking one of the sports drinks - PowerAde or GatorAde types. Stretching helps, as does a regular exercise routine. As to what to do a cramp that arises when riding, try to have the cramp at a time when you can stand up on the pegs momentarily or when you can pull over quickly, hop off your bike and walk it out.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:03 PM

I have known about that for a long time.. it's the lack of potassium that causes cramps, and bananas are high in potassium.. however, i think 8 glasses of water a day is ridiculous, but everyone's body is differant.. I do quite alright with 4 glasses a day, and that's usually in the form of coffee or beer.. my body doesn't need much water

Old 05-07-2006, 08:04 PM

Only cramping I get is in the hands. I wish I know how to not get them so fast.. it really take the fun out of riding..

Quick Reply: W.T.F !! do you get leg cramp's ????