General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upper Cowl connector snapped off - how to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper Cowl connector snapped off - how to fix?

The little stand-off where the black plastic cover (NH430R) connects to the upper cowl, snapped off. The cover I am talking about is the plastic bit that you look down on between the cowl and the tank.

What is the best way of getting that little stand-off re-attached?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Default RE: Upper Cowl connector snapped off - how to fix?

I've had a lot of luck with epoxy putty. mix up some putty to reinforce the standoff, and if necessary use epoxy for plastics to provide further adhesion.

I fixed like 5-6 broken tabs, standoffs, and brackets on my F4i in the past two weeks. It's holding up well. strong as F**k

Old 10-28-2008, 04:24 PM

are you talking about the plastic hook that snaps into the fairing? You can get away without it, it just won't be as flush with the fairing. You could try to glue it (althouh it probably won't hold for long) or just buy a new one for 25 bucks.

We're talking about an F4i, right? You didn't specify.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:15 PM

are you talking about the plastic hook that snaps into the fairing? You can get away without it, it just won't be as flush with the fairing. You could try to glue it (althouh it probably won't hold for long) or just buy a new one for 25 bucks.
Nah, not the little hook.

If you look at this PICTURE, its where screw(#25) of the right cover (#20), screws into the upper cowl:

We're talking about an F4i, right? You didn't specify.
Yeah, sry- CBR600F4i . Red.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:32 PM

Ohhhhh, I see.Yeah this is a pain in the ***. what weasel said: Epoxy puddy would be the route I would take with that one as well...

Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 PM

Since yall were on the topic of body parts and attachments....

I am looking for some of the special rubber coated nuts that are used all over to screw the cowls together.

I did find that the help section in all the auto parts stores sells automotive interior clips, you know, the ones that break anytime you try to remove a door panel or something. Anyway, they carry some almost identical to the plastic rivets with screw-in inserts that hold alot of the cowls together. Most places who order them from honda for you want like $1.50 each plus shipping, and auto parts stores have them at 2 for less than $2.

Any body got a replacement for the rubber covered nuts (whatever they're called)????

Old 10-29-2008, 09:09 PM

you dont kneed it some dumb *** backed into my bike crunched the front end enough to break that tab but didnt break anything else anywhere and i cant even tell that tabs not connected