General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you buy the Extended Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did you buy the Extended Warranty?

If you have the extended warranty reply telling us if you ever used it after the one year factory warranty expired and what for.

I will keep this poll open so new members can keep adding to it.

Thanks for participating; I think this poll will help a lot of people make the decision weather or not to buy the extended warranty.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did you buy the Extended Warranty?

I bought it but i have not yet used it...

Old 02-21-2006, 07:11 PM

I bought my bike with 600 miles and two months of usage. But it came with a 5 yr warranty which was a major factor in my decision to by this bike instead of another. In fact, I live in Columbus, OH and drove 3 hrs to Pittsburgh to get this bike with the warranty as opposed to buying one in Columbus. I've since transferred the warranty from the original purchaser to myself.

So far I haven't needed to use it.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:01 PM

why buy it. 3rd honda bikes 03, 04, 06 cbrs, 86 civic si, 87 prelude si, 98 GSR, 03 RSX type S. If i didn"t crash em or have stolen from me I'd still have the civic, Gsr, and my 03, 04 Cbr. The 06 is still "safe" and the S type has 80k on it. Yo definitly the best products on earth!!!![sm=rant.gif]

Old 03-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was thinking about it, but decided not to. I had up until the last day of the one year warranty to buy the extended, but by the end of the first year when the factory warranty was up it already had 31,000 miles on it and hadn't been in the shop even once for any problems, so I didn't buy it. After having my Honda Accord for the last 9 years and seeing how incredibly reliable it's been in the past and present, it's still rolling strong and runs like new with 368,000 all original miles and it's never given any problems whatsoever outside of normal wear and tear stuff wearing out, and it's still as reliable as any new car. So with that experience, plus numerous other Hondas in my family (both my parents have Accords too, moms '94 just over 200k and dads '89 168k, roomates '87 at 325k... all still going strong), I have pretty good faith in Hondas reliability. The bike just turned 45,000 yesterday and it has yet to even give me so much as a hiccup (just a flat rear tire on saturday... damn nails everywhere, hahah). Only thing it's seen a shop for was normal maintence stuff... valve adjustment, fork oil, coolant, sync throttle bodies, etc.

Hondas are the shizzle...no worries!!

Old 03-14-2006, 03:34 AM

it seems to me that those warranties are set up to run out before you would realisticaly need to use them

Old 03-14-2006, 02:46 PM

we don't need no stink'n warranty. it's a honda!!! besides they cost too much. just run the hell out of the bike during the first year. if nothing breaks, then you are pretty much good to go for the long haul. that is IF you keep up with the regular maintenance - most important being regular oil changes.

gw

Old 03-15-2006, 09:46 PM

I've got one but only because the previous owner had purchased it and it was transferrable.

I haven't had to use it yet but I suppose it's a bit of a safety net if something gives out early...

Old 03-27-2006, 12:56 AM

i got the warranty because i got a good deal on the bike and even with the warranty, set up charges, tax, and delivery (they were 2+ hours away) it was about MSRP. i think it was a good move; it's a great selling point. plus it's already been in the shop at 250 miles because the CCTL was faulty and the timing chain skipped a tooth. no engine damage, but it wouldn't run.

i have an S2000 and my wife a Civic; so far i'm a little disappointed in the quality of the bike. ESPECIALLY the CCTL; it's not like you guys haven't been having problems with them for 5 years and they still can't get it right.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:30 PM

Other than tires, brakes and oil changes, what is not covered under the extended warranty?

Thought about buying due to just bad luck????

Quick Reply: Did you buy the Extended Warranty?