General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

under your lid

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default under your lid

Now today for the first time in ages i reverted back to using ear plugs. Along with my new suspension settings there was so much less noise for me to worry about, it really improved my ride ( until my neighbour came over to talk to me )

im also comtimplating using an MP3, but gut feeling is that maybe a little dangerous.

What do you guys use if anything? mp3's or plugs or maybe even com's?

results, experiences, opinions all welcome

cheers

mat

Old 03-13-2011, 05:33 PM

i use plugs on longer than 1 hour rides and would listen to music if i had an mp3 player

Old 03-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use both ear plugs & have had ear mold's for my MP3 player, as the sound is better & you don't have to crank up the volume as much. Saves your battery life & your hearing.
To be honest, I find playing music while I'm riding a little disconcerting as it does shut out a bit of the riding experience. Ear plugs muffle road & wind sounds, while music cuts it out.
Ok, sometimes the music can add to the experience (like carving up through a nice valley & hearing "Learning to fly/Get it on" or riding with 200 or so other riders through some town & listening to "Bad to the Bone/Don't Push me") But I tend to use the MP3 less & less while I'm riding, ear plugs though, if your value your hearing, are a must.

Last edited by pacemaker; 03-13-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:33 PM

i have a blue tooth headset/communicator with speakers in my helmet use it to listen to music talk on my phone listen to my gps if im useing it and it can run em all and hands free, love it.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by stretch_the_apex
i have a blue tooth headset/communicator with speakers in my helmet use it to listen to music talk on my phone listen to my gps if im useing it and it can run em all and hands free, love it.
When you talk on the phone do have problems with people hearing what your saying while riding? I sometimes need to answer my phone for work and was looking for something like that

Old 03-14-2011, 06:16 PM

I started using ear plugs since the day I got my vfr400 nc30 and never leave home without them.
If I go for a 5m ride to somewhere I don't use them but more than that and they're on. I'm not a fan of mp3 while riding, it muffles the bike sound to much and it can break my concentration, I like to be completly involved in my riding, that's what makes the ride so pleasurable...the connection to the bike

That, and my freakin tinnitus needs no more "food"...the trance partys are already enough.

Take care of your earing, it will thank you in a few years!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:27 PM

I listen to music via IPhone. I have also answered the phone a few times when I didn't have my chinskirt on my helmet. I usually run the volume right were I hear the music pretty good but also still hear the bike and any emergency vehicles and such. Main reason I listen to music is it helps drown out the engine noise the F4i makes plus makes my exhaust sound really beastly. Lol.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by MuscleswitCBR
When you talk on the phone do have problems with people hearing what your saying while riding? I sometimes need to answer my phone for work and was looking for something like that
not much at all at faster speeds and none at all at lower speeds, i was talkin to my dad after i got it installed at about 45 he couldnt tell at all, then talked to my mom later at 75 on the freeway and she could her me me clear as day with very little wind noise, the sena smh-10 is what me and all my ridin buds got and we love em and have'nt had any issues to date (had em about 3 years) even tho there are some poor reviews from people that have had problems. The Cardo Scala Rider G4 is another good headset from what i hear and im sure there are many others just have to research what you like.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:46 PM

i need to invest in one of these....i love listening to music while driving,that was the only downfall from switchin from car to bike,no radio.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:01 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

you guys should invest int he helmet stereo mod... its when you take cheap walmart headphones rip them apart and install the speakers behind your padding in ur helmet...

use google and the search... sure youll find it eventually