General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to remove front fender.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to remove front fender.

Hey, I own a Honda CBR 600 f4i and am interested in repainting it, right now everything is off except the front fender. It appears to remove it I must remove the wheel because the fender doesn't fit between the forks. If there is another way to remove it without taking the wheel off please tell me, if not, how can I mount it on a lift even though it would be supported on the exhaust headers, which doesn't sound like a good idea, is there another way to lift the front end safely to remove the tire? Thanks

Old 04-07-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by nmostad23
Hey, I own a Honda CBR 600 f4i and am interested in repainting it, right now everything is off except the front fender. It appears to remove it I must remove the wheel because the fender doesn't fit between the forks. If there is another way to remove it without taking the wheel off please tell me, if not, how can I mount it on a lift even though it would be supported on the exhaust headers, which doesn't sound like a good idea, is there another way to lift the front end safely to remove the tire? Thanks
Take the tire off, or squeeze it through, but when I put mine back on my rr after I had freshly painted it, I was too anxious and tried to squeeze it back in. Needless to say I scratched it just a word of caution my friend.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

use a front end lift.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by letsride
use a front end lift.
or a ratchet strap hanging from the ceiling, it does the same thing

Old 04-07-2009, 10:05 PM

For your first question. Yes you can get fender off without removing tire. You have to squeeze it a little and slowly get it through. Take your time squeezing and getting it back through with fresh paint. You can get blue painters tape and put it on the fender to prevent scratches on reinstall! Then remove tape after you get screws in it.

For your second question. The eaziest and safest way to get the front tire off the ground to remove or work on any part. Is to buy a front end stand for your bike. It picks up frontend safely and holds it up securely.

And third. You dont want to pick your bike up on a lift that will pick it up by your headers or any part other than the frame. It will crush or break something!!!!

Last edited by CBRnBHAM; 04-07-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, nice to see how quick and effective those responses were!