General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tradigity

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tradigity

Hey guys I had a bad night last week, after a whole day of riding and having a great time I went out for a few beers with friends. My landlord called and said he drove by the apartment and saw my bike on its side. It was really windy that night and the bike blew over with the cover on it. I don't have a garage . Not to much damage, the seat ferring has about a 1in crack /tear in in just under were the passenger seat is. The bottom ferring is dislodge and the right side mirror broke clean off in the middle of the shaft. I was so freking pissed. I ordered the new mirror and i will try to fix the ferrings this week. As for the tear or crack what would be the best way to fix that Fiberglass tape in back of the tear??? any advice ill try to post pics later thanks.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried to start it yet? Chances are it wont. The motor is probably hydrolocked. As it lay on its side, oil poured into the head. I went through this last year. It will act like the battery is dead, just click once then the gauges reset like you just turned the key on. Its an easy fix, pull the sparkplugs out cover the holes with a rag and hit the starter button and watch the oil spew out all over everything. It'll run a lil sluggish till the rest of the oil burns off but it'll be fine. For the crack, go to the local autoparts store and get a fiberglass repair kit (resin, hardener, and a sheet of fiberglass) and fix it from the back side, and get some "flexible" bumper patch(kinda like "bondo" but it stays flexible) for the visable side. That was pretty cool of the landlord, the only time mine called me was to tell me he sold the house I was renting and I had to pack my sht and get out.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:18 PM

Thanks, The bike actually started right up as normal. Its not running slugish at all I wiped it around the block a few times just to be sure.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats cool, must not have been down long. Mine was laying there for a few hours, I spent days tryin to get it to start. Charging the battery, trying to push start it ect. Thank goodness for the helpful folks on here.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
Thats cool, must not have been down long. Mine was laying there for a few hours, I spent days tryin to get it to start. Charging the battery, trying to push start it ect. Thank goodness for the helpful folks on here.

That sux... I was able to call my brother to go pick it up, I was going to let it go till morning when I got home Im glad I didnt do that!!!! Family is good for something lol

Old 04-09-2009, 09:28 PM

sorry to hear that man. for your reference, if you use fiberglass it expands and contracts at a much different rate than the plastic does so there is a large possibility it will crack/pop again if not, it will be warped some days and others not. you really should use a plastic welder and use some wire mesh to repair the crack, make sure you get the wire mesh INTO the plastic, not just ontop of it.

good luck!

Old 04-11-2009, 02:32 AM

I have used permaoxy by permatex on the inside with the flexible bondo on the outside with very good results, just make sure to cut a "v" shape in the crack for the permaoxy to adhere to.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:08 PM

For a 1" crack superglue will work fine.

Try to bend the plastic a little so the crack opens, squirt it in and release.

A UK mag tested this along with two branded repair kits and it came out the best.