General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tired of tickets, I WANT RADAR DETECTOR NOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tired of tickets, I WANT RADAR DETECTOR NOW!!!

Just got ticketed @ 89. I'm new to radar detector. Anybody knows a working guaranteed no-ticket for a radar detector that they are actually using one. Please give me more info.
Stuck in traffic the half the time @ 20 mph in an 120 miles trip and speed only 20 seconds over a stretch of 1 mile and got ticket it make me mad. I'm very serious on buying one, else I will quit riding. Thank you very much.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: tired of tickets, I WANT RADAR DETECTOR NOW!!!

only guarantee of not getting a ticket is not to speed.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cbr714

Just got ticketed @ 89. I'm new to radar detector. Anybody knows a working guaranteed no-ticket for a radar detector that they are actually using one. Please give me more info.
Stuck in traffic the half the time @ 20 mph in an 120 miles trip and speed only 20 seconds over a stretch of 1 mile and got ticket it make me mad. I'm very serious on buying one, else I will quit riding. Thank you very much.
Sorry for the old man post here, but if you want to reduce the # of tickets you get, STOP SPEEDING!

I've done the Radar Detector/Radar Jammer thing - I swear it caused more tickets than it saved... - Spent $300-$400 on equipment in my life and I swear it NEVER saved me one ticket - they constantly went off from automatic doors, etc.

In the car at least, I wound up having the stereo loud enough that the detector bleeps weren't enough. - Cops are good - they can read traffic by sight, and target the people moving faster than the flow - a detector does you no good in this scenario - They have all turned off till they see you passing someone - then they flip a switch and you are clocked before your detector lights up.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:43 PM

Slow down... won't save you from tickets.... and everything the other guys said.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:49 PM

slow the *** down... if you're speeding that much, no detector on the planet will help you.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

I'm very serious on buying one, else I will quit riding. Thank you very much.
you might be saving the rest of us trouble of if you do

Old 01-21-2008, 08:10 PM

Slow down or quit riding..Nothing is guaranteed except dying and taxes.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: white99gt

Slow down or quit riding..Nothing is guaranteed except dying and taxes.
And if you keep riding like an idiot you won't have to worry too much more about taxes...

Dunno about you Yanks, but here is Australia they also use cars parked on the side of the road with a camera in them, and also cameras tripped off by magnetic wires embedded in the road surface. No detector will save you from the second one, but they at least have some form of signage on the roads where they're located.

If you really don't want tickets, perhaps you should buy yourself a Honda CT110.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:46 PM

A cheap radar detector WILL get you into trouble (it's how I got my FIRST ticket ever) if you use it to speed.

The only ones I would trust at this point are the ones that cost more than I originally paid for either my bike or my car ($450+).

To be honest the only radar detector that you can REALLY trust (your life to) is:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...es/01apr39.jpg

Old 01-21-2008, 10:35 PM

What you want is a radar JAMMER. Muahaha

Quick Reply: tired of tickets, I WANT RADAR DETECTOR NOW!!!