General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Stuck!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Stuck!!

K, I just bought a 93 CBR f2, its my first bike and I dont know much about it.

When I went to check it out, i revved it up, and sometimes the throttle would get stuck, I'm picking it up monday, and I want to know what I need to do to fix that problem before I get it. I have service manuals for it but haven't taken a look at it, if anyone can help let me know!!!

Old 05-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Default RE: Throttle Stuck!!

hey man.i would have worked that out with who ever your going to buy the bike from.dont take this the wrong way but you bought a bike a know nothing about it? thats crazy!! you have the manuals and havent read them,thats like pulling your car over to ask someone for directions and then speeding away before they give them to you.So my advise would be see if you cant have who ever your buying the bike from fix the prob.use the internet and do some research on your bike.and if your not buying it from a dealer find one in the area to have them look at it because it sounds like you dont know about bikes and may not see or know of any other potential probs.hope you get it fixed and good luck.and remember research never hurts

Old 05-20-2006, 11:16 PM

also look at the bar end. it may be too tight

Old 05-20-2006, 11:57 PM

Hotwire,

Thanks for the advice, I've spent a few hours getting to know the service manual, he had two of them as well as all documentation since new, including service documentation. I'm going to take my time on getting to know this bike and i will be responsible with it, but thanks alot for the heads up, i realize I am a "rookie" with this, but i'm learning, i probably shouldn't of posted before reading the manual, since now I learned how some new things.

-Gabe

Old 05-21-2006, 03:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YOOOOWWWWW !!!!!!!!! If you do buy it...DON'T RIDE IT TILL YOU FIX IT !!!!!!! Well, that rules out a test ride, How many bumps off rev limiter, has that (monkey/ seller, done?) Why dosen't the seller do the repair first??? Like a semi auto, that goes fully.... sometimes!!!!! The wanton disregaurd (2+2=7) for the reality of selling a bike that could kill ya at any given second... makes me say... pass on this one. this guy ain't think'n right... make sure, you are. Clean and free, Ripp'n

OOOPPPS, I reread, you own it !!!!!!!!!!! get a dealer to look at it, if you haven't explained the problem, fixxed the problem and are SURE, It is fixed properly... a stuck thottle can(will) easily kill you, in about 3/4 0f a second. Period. DON'T RIDE IT, UNTILL...

Old 05-21-2006, 08:37 AM

Please expand on "the throttle gets stuck" if you could. Does the actual throttle turn, and then not return to its original place? Or does the throttle return, but the revs stay up high for a long time?

Old 05-22-2006, 03:24 AM

i would take the throttle cable out and see for any tears or wutever
if none, lube it and adjust it to a good snapping position

also make sure that the GRIP that turn isn't stuck to the non-moving bar part. You can tell by flipping the grip on both end side and opening/closing the throttle. You can also use WD-40 on both ends to ease it.

hope that helps