General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stand recomendations

I am considering buying a stand for the front of my bike. I want one that will allow me to support the bike while I take off the forks. Does any one have any recomendations on which stand is better for what I want? As always thank you for your time.!!

Tbone

Old 03-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Default RE: Stand recomendations

Pitbull stands are the way to go. They have a new front stand design that will let you do what you want.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LP (lockhart phillips) are also excellent. I have LP front and back 5 years no problems.

Old 03-18-2005, 01:59 AM

Just make sure that you have your bike on a rear stand or have the rear secure, cause if you try to put it on the front stand all by itself, it is a recipe for disaster!!! Unless you like the sound of crunching plastic and feel like getting stronger by picking up your bike!![:@]

Old 03-18-2005, 05:11 AM

Hey guys thanks for the help.

As I am still a newbee to sport bikes I really appreciate all the help! Especailly the comment on the idea of the rear stand first. I had put the idea through my head that I may need to support the rear. As I am sure that they dont balance by the trip very well alone, but it definatly cleared things up a bit. As always thanks for the help.

Old 03-18-2005, 09:30 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Limpy -- sounds like you have a personal story to tell dude ... c'mon, tell Uncle Chain all about it [8D].

Old 03-18-2005, 11:22 AM

It did not happen to me, but I watched my friend do it. I almost had a heart attack as he put it on the front stand by itself, and as I yelled from across the room; his bike fell over. I dont know what he was thinking!!

Old 03-18-2005, 08:39 PM

Hey at least he didnt have to strain him self in picking up his bike as he had you there to help. Sorry about the bike though plastics are just to expensive to replace these days[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 03-19-2005, 01:30 AM

The only recommendation I have is try to make CERTAIN that the particular stand you buy works for your specific bike . . . .
I have Lockhart Philips stands (both front and back) that were "supposed" to work for my 02 XX.
The back one works great (props for mentioning to use the back stand FIRST, Limpz) but the front one will not work without taking the nose plastic off.
The super-sloping nose of my "super" blackbird gets in the way of the stand coming up fully.
So, being the "inventor, and Super-genius" that I am . . . I modified, welded, fabricated, bent, and otherwise completely bastardized the stand so that there was no way I could ever take it back. And it still doesn't quite work . . . . . . I'll get it to work some day . . . !

Old 03-19-2005, 01:48 AM
L8X

hehehehe...

Quick Reply: Stand recomendations