General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip-On Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip-On Exhaust

hey... this is kind of a newb question but i need to know the answer as i am not very knowledgeable on exhaust. I have a 99 cbr f4 and was looking to put some exhaust on it. I've searched the forum and haven't been able to find an exact answer.

When you buy a slip on exhaust, does it come with the mid pipe and connect underneath the bike where the stock one connects? Many of the pictures just show the can without the midpipe...
Also i have been looking at micron, two bros, and yosh exhaust... which would you prefer... i know there is tonnes of opinions out there. I've gone away from D and D cuz i've heard its too loud and i don't wanna wake the neighbourhood up late at night.
One more thing... is there anything that needs to be done when putting on new exhaust?

Thanks for your input.. its much appreciated.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Slip-On Exhaust

most slip on do come with the mid pipe. now if you hear the term bolt on that means just that, it bolts on. my f3 and f4i were slip ons but my 900 and my 929's were bolt ons.

personally i am a huge fan of yoshi but there ar eplenty of awesome systems on the market just have to decide which on eyou can afford and sounds best to you.

and no nothing MUST be done when puttin gon a new pipe. sometimes its good to get it dyno'd and a pc put on but again its not a requirement.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: mauthman

hey... this is kind of a newb question but i need to know the answer as i am not very knowledgeable on exhaust. I have a 99 cbr f4 and was looking to put some exhaust on it. I've searched the forum and haven't been able to find an exact answer.

When you buy a slip on exhaust, does it come with the mid pipe and connect underneath the bike where the stock one connects? Many of the pictures just show the can without the midpipe...
Also i have been looking at micron, two bros, and yosh exhaust... which would you prefer... i know there is tonnes of opinions out there. I've gone away from D and D cuz i've heard its too loud and i don't wanna wake the neighbourhood up late at night.
One more thing... is there anything that needs to be done when putting on new exhaust?

Thanks for your input.. its much appreciated.
My 2000 F4 has a old Two Bro's C4 slip on and it sounds good. Very deep idle like a v8 hot rod and kinda low toned at lower RPM's, but get that high pitched sport bike sound we all love in the upper RPM's.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:00 PM

As said before, bolt on is the exhaust canister only, Slip-On includes the midpipe. Personally, if I'm going to get something for looks and sound, I want something that either sounds amazing and I just like it, or I look for the "different". I think the Two Brothers and Yoshi SOUND the best (of the three you listed). Micron might be cooler, at least in these parts, because less people have them. If I had to compare yoshi to the two bro's, I personally like the Yoshi the best.

It's all opinion.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Jardine RT-1 slip on. Sounds real nice. It took me a whole of 15 minutes to put it on. Here is a pic

Name:  P3152019.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  151.2 KB

Here is the link to here what it sounds like.
http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=MOV00685.flv

Here is a link from eBay for the same exhaust that I have. It is used and going for $35. Worth a try.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jardi...spagenameZWDVW

Old 03-26-2008, 05:54 PM

thanks for the input guys.. i'm lookin at gettin one now

Old 03-26-2008, 09:52 PM

***Delete***