General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SHOEI, AGV AND HJC HELMETS

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SHOEI, AGV AND HJC HELMETS

I have the AGV stealth, just a step below the Ti Tech, great fitting helmet but its is alittle loud at high speeds. That is my only complant about this particular helmet.

Old 10-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the titeck, and its bloody amazin, light, not too loud, comfy as hell, its the only helmet i have owned that idnt really have a break in period, you know, the time you wear it for the first few rides and its tight and a bit uncomfortable. has the removable washable liner, which is great( live in australia and it gets bloody sweaty). also spare parts are ready available, if you need you replace anything... for example, i had a rock break off one of the vent switches, AGV sent me new ti replacement switch for nothin!!!!... hope this helps....

peace

Old 10-31-2006, 02:16 PM

Every person's head shape is different, and all helmet manufacturers' models are different. The best thing to do is to go to a shop and try them all on. I would pick the one that is the most comfortable, not the one with the coolest graphics or the one with the most expensive brand name. Owning a $600 helmet does not make you a better rider.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:12 PM

Arai most overrated and expensive helmet
Shoei, Suomy, AGV are expensive but good
Great alternative: Shark RSI or RSR2 & Vemar VSR
Cheap but good: Scorpion EXO-700

Old 11-01-2006, 01:54 AM

Thanks very, very much to all of you for your experience inputs.

Cheers

Jorge

Old 11-01-2006, 02:57 AM

I have the shoei RF 100 and really like it. I got some other pads for a custom fit and no complaints. I read an article about helmet testing, what they do and what they measure and it's meaning and so on. The helmet manufacturers have to send in "X" amount of samples from production to be tested at random, and the HJC's had over a 10% failure rate, along with some other less known brands...now, don't quote me on anything, but to sum it up, if a few of those HJC's made it to the testing facility, chances are good a the same % of helmets made it to the store shelf also. Companies who had a 100% meet or exceed on the test were Shoei, Suomy, Arai, AGV and one or two others I can't recall. What I like about Arai is their seriousness of getting a good helmet. Don't know about now, but you used to have to fitted to buy an Arai, you couldn't call in to a legit business and just order one. Mr. Arai was a custom hat maker or something as well as a motorsports fan of some sort, and he took his work serious enough to not just let someone slap on his product and get hurt from improper use...something like that anyway, but don't hold me to it. Just what I heard/Read somewhere.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:58 AM

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

Owning a $600 helmet does not make you a better rider.
No, but it makes a big differance in an actual crash.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:14 AM

I've had 2 arai's, they were comfortable and I've got nothing to complain about.

I read somewhere that Shoei's are quieter so I got one the other day. It's a Camber but I've had the back wheel off for a week or so and been 4wd'ing instead so I have nothing to report on it yet. I tried on a shoei on the shelf in the shop and it felt good so I got them to order in the colour I wanted. I hope the fit is still the same otherwise I'll cry.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

speking form experience the top AGV's can take a real hit... its me that couldn't... hence why i buy gear till it hurts..... broken spine will do that though.... was wearing all the gear at the time, and thats how i got away(so to speak) with it..... my head left a nice dent in the roof of the car i hit, ambo said i should of had a smashed skull..*shrug* was the best $850AUD i spent on that helmet.... doesnt make you a better rider, but i could be the difference b/w rideing after an accident and bein dead.... just my opinion though, all the helmets that were mentioned have normal grade and high end grade helmets, what makes the high end that much more special, dunno about you, but its my head, would much rather take the chance on a helmet that was a little more, than to find out the hard way....

peace

Old 11-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Banned

I have the shoei...the only complaint is a little fog up in the winter. The included breath diverter help alot. Other than that it is great. $348 at the Helmet shop in Daytona.

Quick Reply: SHOEI, AGV AND HJC HELMETS